1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with another pistol

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pj 999, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Can anybody help me indentify the manufacturer of this 32 cal. pistol? It is marked on barrel MODEL AUTOMATIC PISTOL 'PRINCEPS' PATENT. Underneath that is 32 and under that on the body is a stamp with a circle with a large E in middle with what almost look likes a scale going thru it. Circle has TRADE on top and MARK on bottom. Any help would be appreciated. Looked in blue book but can't find it or the stamp. Thanks all, Paul
    '

2. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Forgot photo!!
    [​IMG]

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Can't help ID it but I have to say its one of the ugliest pistols I believe I have ever seen. That said, its neat because its unusual. Hope you get your answer.

4. mad_dawg

mad_dawg Member

Kinda looks like my spanish-made Astra - barrel flutes, guide rod, and slide stop machining identical.

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

7.65 Urizar Princeps pistol.

"Tomas de Urizar y Cia, Eibar, Spain. This company originated in the early1900s.... It turned to automatic pistols in about 1911, and during the next few years turned out a variety of brand names, most of which were standard 'Eibar' models. Their activities appear to have ceased in 1920 or 1921, and there is a possibility that they were absorbed by Garate Anitua y Cia.... Princeps. This appeared in 6.35 and 7.65 calibres, and was a copy of the Browning 1903or 1906, often with grip safety, but always with the usual 'Eibar' manual safety." "Pistols of the World", 1982 Edition

Some additional info, including value and a magazine source:

http://books.google.com/books?id=BvsNuzEiSmwC&pg=PA1067&lpg=PA1067&dq=urizar+princeps+pistol&source=bl&ots=Xc3A-XEkf6&sig=eBeNS-0ByD38sQ38m79ljmHiDHY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=FadLUb_8C8K3iwLJqYHoBw&ved=0CEEQ6AEwBDgK#v=onepage&q=urizar%20princeps%20pistol&f=false

http://www.ammoclip.com/P/princeps.htm

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I had one like that at one time, it was called a "Ruby" even had the flutes in the barrel too.

There is a book, but its probably out of print now, title was "Small arms of the World" its in there if you can find one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

tomas de urizar