1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with a TM-1 Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

I have the TM-1 trigger shown below and I am trying to identify who did the work on it. It is a release trigger with a release hook on the left side. The release hook is stamped HEB 188 or 188 HEB. Does anyone know who this refers to? I need to find out if the design permits the release hook to simply be removed and then have the trigger operate as a pull trigger rather than a release or if I need to find a replacement trigger group to go to a pull system.
    Anyone have any ideas????
    Thanks for the help
    Doug
    [​IMG]

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

herbert edward BOWEN

3. setter

setter Member

When the hammer is cocked and you pull the trigger, the hook catches the hammer, then when you release the trigger, the hammer falls. So, if you take the hook out it will function as a pull.

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

MIA, jack do you have any contact info for Bowen
    Doug

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Doug. I know something about release triggers. I know nothing about this trigger. I was doing my best dumb humor. Bowen has not done release triggers for at least 5 years. He sold that business to Doug Hubbart form Texas. Doug makes the same style. the one you have is not one of his.

I'm down to my personal P4 Allem release now. The gold one on the lower right

[​IMG]

MOst of these triggers are sold or personal triggers. I have a dozen personal triggers. (at a minimum. A drawer full)

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Push the pin out retaining the hook and remove hook, it is now a pull trigger.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. citadel

citadel Active Member

Thanks to everyone for the information.

Doug

8. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Most new pull triggers are set at around 3 lbs. of pull while many release triggers are set at 5 or 6 lbs of pull and about 2 or 3 to release. Wouldn't just removing the hook leave you with a 5 or 6 lb. triggerpull?

Ed Yanchok

9. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Suggest finding Phil Crenwelge ( last siting was in Tuscon) http://phillips-gunsmithing.com/. He will have the trigger performing the way you want lickety split.
    deadeye45

10. Dr.Longshot

On some you have to remove the hammer spring, most generally the pull trigger poundage stays the same. If it does not feel right use a trigger pull gauge and see where it is at.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Dr.Longshot

ED Y the standard release set is 56 oz a little over 3.5 lbs and release is 28 oz which is 1.75, I have all me releases set at 56 oz set 28 oz release.

When I say std. that is where most release mfgrs. set them at, My Kolars, Seitz, Ljutics, Caesar Guerini, K-80, were all set at the factory to this 56-28 oz.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

Doc........ever hear of 80..30 !!!!!?????

13. Ed Y

Doc
    All of my Precision triggers are set at 80 on 28 off, slow. I believe that if I were to just remove the hook, I'd wind up with an 80 oz. pull trigger.

Ed Yanchok

14. Dr.Longshot

I would never own a Precision trigger if that is their normal trigger, that is a 5 Lb set. And if it was an 80 Oz set the release should be 50% of the set, that one is a pretty slow release.

In a Seitz gun the bird would already be broken before the Precision trigger hammer hit the firing pin to strike the primer.

One of my Kolar's was too fast for me it had a 60 oz set and a 50 oz release, talk about fast. Keith had it fixed for me at Kolar and fast turn around time.

Ed you may need to replace the spring on the trigger return, to get it back to 3-3.5lbs.

I'd check w/Ray Stafford on this about Precision trigger normal settings.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. Ed Y

I especially had it set at 80/28. Jim likes to make them 80/32 and if you want it slower, he'll slow it down. His triggers are so crisp that I have trouble with them at 80/32.

Ed Yanchok

16. Dr.Longshot

Citadel I think that is an Emerson Hoblit Release trigger, Mr. Hoblit has passed away, he also made the best Super-X Release triggers around.

I am looking for a Super-X Release trigger.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.