1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with a shooting tip

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

At the Southern Grand I was introduced to a product that did help me. The stuff is called Power Grip. It is a powder, possibly rosin, that when rubbed on your hands significantly made my grip on the gun stronger. I also discovered that at least two All American shooters use it. My problem is that I can't find the stuff. Can anyone help me and possibly some others? Amazon.com advertises Power Grip for $1.50 per bottle but they seem to be out of it now.

Pat Ireland

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Try mightygrip.com. They have various powders but it's about $10 a bottle.

Eric

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Get some George Brett "Pine Tar"....if you don't shoot well....then you'll be able to swing it w/o losing your grip!!

Don't you just love gimmicks? Remember what ole P.T. said many years ago, still holds true today!!

Curt

4. bigben

bigben Active Member

Pat, pro grip in made by Columbia, it is available at most all bowling alleys, in spray or creme, you can also get it online at bowlers discount sales incinerate em!

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Thanks for the alternatives but I am sold on Power Grip. A nice dry powder that would fit easily into my shooting bag.

Pat Ireland

6. sinker_63

sinker_63 TS Member

Pat,
    Check out Kay Ohye's website. He sells something by the same name "power grip" it's listed under the products page. Although his price is higher at $3.75.

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Amazon indicates that Power Grip, for $1.50 per bottle, is in stock and ships in 3 -4 days. And if you look at the picture, it shows on the label, "PROPGRIP by Columbia." So it appears to be the same stuff that bigben mentioned.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Any Tennis equipment site sells muli-products like what your looking for. I use a sticky rosin type that looks like a 6" x 5/8" piece of wax. It fits in a tube. Just roll it in your hands or gloves.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mike- Thank you for the offer to send me a bag but the specific product I am seeking comes in a plastic bottle.

Pat Ireland

10. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Pat,

Is this the stuff? If so, it's on Kay Ohye's website as indicated earlier by sinker_63:
    <center>[​IMG]</img></center>
    Mike

11. oldcop

oldcop Member

I bought mine a number of years ago at a golf shop.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mike- That is the stuff. I will order some today.
    Biff- It will require more than Dapper Dan for my hair to get me looking respectable. Do you know anything about a Dapper tummy reducer? I do know Kay, and I am certain that he does not sell this on his web site (sorry Kay, I am feeling pesky this morning).

Pat Ireland

13. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Hey Pat...

We both should be kicking ourselves for not checking the link Jim Forsbach posted. It's the same product and its less than half the price!

Thanks Jim...I know better.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.