1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with a question about the Grand!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trapshooter, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I need to know what vehicles we can use at the world shooting center. We called the ATA and they said we can only use golf carts. We called the shooting center and they said we can use gators(John Deere), golf carts, motor cycles, and scooters. They did said that we can't use quads. Can anyone else tell me what you have learned? Thanks, Todd

2. Trapshooter

The ATA is running the Grand. Todd

3. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Can't have anything you have to stradle the moter. Motercycle, ATV, etc.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Point is different rules for ATA shoots.

Don

5. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Give Diana Crawford/ Ace Insurance Services , Inc. a call. 1-800-887-9869.
    She sells insurance for your vehicle.

Joe Woods/Ontario

6. Trapshooter

7. Jim Pollock

Jim Pollock TS Member

Last year there were cars, pickups, golf carts (2, 4 and 6 passenger ones), gators, jeeps (I had one) and the newer vehicles Kabota, John Deere, etc are producing that have two front seats and a pickup style bed (they may call them side by sides) travelling around the grounds. The parking is so good that you can drive your vehicle to within 100 yards of your bank. The parking is excellent, partly because it is spread out so well, which causes part of the need to have a vehicle - ah, good old catch 22!

Jim Pollock

8. jappo

jappo TS Member

As mentioned before, it is very big. This requires you to drive everywhere, can't depend on trolley anymore to get you anywhere within an hour, lose your current parking spot everytime to go anywhere (get a drink, eat, vendors, check boards, etc). Last year the carts, gators etc owned the sidewalks and you had better get out of their way. The people working the line were the worst to run people off of the sidewalks. At shootoff time there were some workers riding their gator style rides so fast they continually were kicking up dust clouds right around the shootoff bleachers. If everyone didn't notice these types of things they weren't there during the times I was. Sorry folks not everything was thay great as some like to lead you to believe.
    It is big, new and some things were better but it's far from the greatest place on earth as some say. I'm sure it will get better just some of the other side also...

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

FlaLagarto, consider yourself lucky! The main problem was the small walkways from the parking lot to the main shooting walk. The carts would come down those and there only wide enough for carts. Pedestrians were stepping off into the mud to let them pass...

Jim

10. Trapshooter

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

There will be no trams this year. Will see more Golf carts. Jake

12. bas

bas Member

Trapshooter...check out the program on the ATA website - page 19. It is very specific as to what vehichles will be allowed at the Grand. What may have been allowed last year is definitely not the case this year. And, only golf carts being used by the ATA will be allowed on the actual trap line. The rest will have to park with the cars, I guess.

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Not having the trams will be a problem for alotof shooters if its true.

14. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Gargoyle, check the thread: ATA Presidents Letter/May,07. It's true. Jake

15. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

As bas suggests, read page 19 as to what may be used and where.

Neil

16. Trapshooter

I just read page 19. My buddy bought a little 150cc scooter down at the Silver Dollar from someone. He wants to use that to get around. It looks like he will be OK as long as he stays off the line. Todd

17. bas

bas Member

Not having trams will be no problem whatsoever. If you were at the Grand last year...you will know of which I speak!

18. Mr. Professional

Mr. Professional TS Member

You should be okay with a quad, just be ready to run from them like crazy! lol

I saw people on scooters (Mopeds) and nobody said anything. It may have something to do if it has a plate or not... and I'm not a 4 wheeler guy. I own a CJ-7.

If they do allow it, then make sure that you pay the fee for just driving it around their property, which I think is retarded, but it is necessary for different reasons I guess.

19. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Here I go again. Why? I will surely ask myself tomorrow . . .

There's the way I understand it. You can't use 4-wheelers (quads). But everything else is a "go." That means Rangers, Gators, Limo-carts, mules. proper golf carts: the works. You will be able to take them to the rear of the concrete path behind the traps.

If you have a high-speed model, you will probably have to sign something about knowing that the complex has a speed limit, as well as the cart paths.

Keep the tabs on the beercans in the carts. Drive within the limits of your cart. The one I had last year would practically stall when given throttle and I had to wait for a quarter-mile of open road on both sides before I dared cross.

We shot the last event at the Grand last year on the far, far east end and I wanted to drop my cart off at rental so went directly there. It took forever, practically a walking-pace or so it seemed, and I told the attendant that there was something wrong with it sure.

He reached down on my side, tugged, and asked if maybe it was the Mountain Dew bottle he was holding which had been jammed under the throttle might not be part of the problem . . .

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.