1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP with a PW 800 Plus not indexing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gbatch, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

About 2 years ago I loaned my PW 800 + to a good friend who used it consistently for about a year. He has recently stopped shooting so I picked it up today. I think it's been sitting in a garage uncovered so it was a bit dusty but all the moving parts were well lubed/greased and I see no signs of rust anywhere (thank Heaven).

While cleaning some of the dust off and manually cycling it, I noticed that it isn't indexing. I don't have the instruction manual and am not a mechanical genius, so I throw it out to you experts. What should I be looking for or adjusting or lubricating ? This machine probably hasn't been used for a year.

If anyone has a manual they can share via email or pdf file, I'd sure appreciate it. My email is XXgbatch@comcast.netXX (drop the Xs).

Thanks in advance

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Gene,

I would contact Whiz White. He is a PW dealer, and I think he knows about everything there is to know about these reloaders.
    whiz@swsupply.com phone # 605 341-4412

Jim

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I returned my 800+ due to the same reason and it was only 3 months old. Turns out they had several mis-manufactured parts. Good luck. I gave up on PW about 6 months ago due to poor quality control in both the 800+ and 2000 Platinum. Fred

4. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

I already emailed Whiz off-forum. Thx

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Thx to Whiz White the problem is fixed.
    Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Whiz and the other PW dealers, Doug and Jim, who post on this site are great. They certainly know the PW machines and they seem to be sincerely interested in helping us. Wish I could find a local automobile dealer with the same attitude that these men have.

Last year I made a minor complaint on this site about the small PW spent primer collection box. Whiz sent me a new box he designed and wouldn't even let me pay the postage.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.