1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with a MEC 9000g

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by corymurphy, Aug 20, 2013.

1. corymurphy

corymurphy TS Member

Hello all, I have a MEC 9000g that is consistently mushrooming shells at the deprime/resize stage. I figured it was due to having trash of some sort in the collet but after cleaning it thoroughly and then finally replacing it all together with a brand new one last night it's still doing it.

I tried 25 or 30 shells just in the deprime/resize stage and it worked flawlessly however when shells are left in the carrier and get to the wad stage it starts mushrooming the shells without fail, and I'm not talking just one or two its almost every one of them. I'm sure its something simple that I'm just not seeing and thought surely I'm not the only one this has happened to so as a last ditch effort before I lose my sanity I figured I would ask for help.

2. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Wad guide alignment. Either it isn't centered on the case mouth or it is set too low to allow the shell carrier to fully drop.

Don T.

3. corymurphy

corymurphy TS Member

Thanks Don, I will check it out this evening.

4. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I was told once that the wad guide should be 1/32" above the snap ring on the shaft, not all of the way down.

5. corymurphy

corymurphy TS Member

Got it fixed, Thanks everyone. Turns out the adjuster screw for the shot tube was loose and the shot tube wasn't set correctly. Reset it and it's spitting em' out like clockwork again.