1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help with a mec 9000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smokemeister25, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokemeister25

smokemeister25 TS Member

i just bought a 9000 automate. i put the reloader on the automate unit and cycled it through and it jammed big time the first time it went down and wouldn't come up. took the automate unit off and reset it to find home. the unit itself was jammed and the post in the depriming stage was stuck as well as bottom of it was loose, and the chargebar won't release and cycle. i'm afraid to put the priming stage together and haven't put the ptimer try on.

could anyone send me a closeup of the primer assembly? the exposion in the manual isn't very detailed and i'm afraid to put it together with the way the unit jammed the first time it cycled... also, if anybody can advise me why the chargebar stays stuck i'd appreciate the advice. i'm assuming that the post comes up and pushes the release each time but mine doesn't make contact. i can get it to work if i release it manually and the hook on the right side sticks on the unit/bar and will cycle that way but i assume it's not supposed to function because it's ttuck. if anyone could send me a close up photo of things and help i'd appreciate it. i'll call mec this week but thought i might get somebody that knows about these machines. this is my first 9000 and/or automate

thanks

lay@zoominternet.net

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

well there is alittle to what you are trying. One of my first questions is do you have both powder and shot in the bottles. I believe if there isn't a shell in the rotation the bar also won't come back.Good luck. Birdtracker

3. smokemeister25

smokemeister25 TS Member

i don't have any powder or shot in the bottles. i don't have the primer components in and the shell will just fall through on that station...

4. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Sounds like the shell lifter in the resize station is not seated in the fork that returns it to the raised position. Look under the loader to see.

jim brown

5. smokemeister25

smokemeister25 TS Member

talked to mec today. the machine jams at both the sizing/depriming station and also the arm underneath that controls advancing the plate gets stuck and won't function. plus it's out of time and locks up and actually pulls the arm underneath that's connected to the depriming rod gets jammed and pulls the rod off the arm. MEC said there's definitely something wrong with this machine and to send it back to them. so i'll pack it off and let them fix it....

6. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

It sounds as though your having the same issues that I had with my recently purchased 9000E. I tried everything I knew and then enlisted all of the Mec shooters at the club including a very knowledgable engineer. I finally sent it back to Mec for adjustment, and it's been flawless ever since. Save yourself the grief, and send it back, They'll pay the shipping if it's screwed up.

7. smokemeister25

smokemeister25 TS Member

as discussed "ad nasium" about me not being able to get my new automate reloader to function at all even though i had returned it once with no luck. but just wanted to say i talked to dave kerns the manager at MEC and he sent me a brand new combo and went out of his way to make this right and get me a new machine that worked. and the new one seems to work absolutley perfectly right out of the box. seems to be a very nice machine. i weighed about every other shell to see how consistent the powder drop was and if it wasn't absolutely the same on my rcbs chargemaster combo electronic scale, which i also compared to my old but perfect shape 10-10. a few times it varied maybe a tenth on a 17.5 gr. drop of 700x, but generally was perfect. very impressive. and the crimps look like a new factory shell. never a hiccup with the primer feed.

so i thought it fair to give credit where credit is due to dave and MEC for getting me a brand new replacement and takin the extra step to make a customer happy. if this machine keeps workin like this i'm gonna be a very happy loader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.