1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help with a BT.99 +

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by vdt, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vdt

vdt Active Member

i have a Bt.99 + and there is a problem with the recoil system ,it does not work with a d...,is this a common problem,is there a fix out there.

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Timmney makes a replacement for the hydo unit. Personally, I would put a PFS on it and never look back.

JON

3. vdt

vdt Active Member

not mine selling it for friend just like to make it right

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Loosen the butt pad mount set screws and wind it off. Remove the black aluminum plate from the stock. Remove the 2 phillips head screws and take the unit out and see if there is anything obvious. Friend mine had his go south and when we took it out, the cap screw on the back end had wound itself all the way out. We put some loctite on the end cap and tightened it back up and that fixed it and never failed again.

If you want an upgrade, the Timney unit mentioned above is supposed to be currently sold by Wright's Chokes. It is just a simple swap. It used to be priced at $100. Good luck.

5. HarryK

HarryK TS Member

Recommend you follow "stokinpls" advice above and check the screw to see if it has backed out and is rubbing against the stock. Same thing happened to mine. Harry

6. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

I have an original excellant shape I will mail you for $60.00 delivered. If interested put on here and I will send you my email address. Jim e

7. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Had mine malfunction on one of my Plus guns. I took it out, and completely disassembled it. I removed one of the springs, oiled it, put it back together and it worked better than ever. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.