1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with a BT 100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deadeye45, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

anyone know ? Browing BT 100 I'm told has more that one rib height in front. Assume to change POI. Would you know and please explain?
    thanks,
    Deadeye45

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Please take your time and explain more what you are looking for.

Are you asking if Browning made an adjustable rib for the BT-100?

Thanks,

Kevin

3. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing, that is why trying to learn form some who knows. My suspicion is that the rib height at the very front of the rib when the gun was made was an option? As that rib block , we'll call it, increases in height, the POI changes. Of course some or all the blocks in between (front to back) would have to be made so that the rib was straight. do not think they were offered as an adj. rib gun.
    thanks,

4. B V

B V TS Member

I shoot a BT100 and have for several years.
    All that I have seen have the same rib as mine with the exception of 1 and that is an adjustable that the owner had installed by Moneymaker.

5. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Hi Rick,
    Would you know bore diameter and any other details about barrel, forcing cones? Blue book says, fixed or removable chokes, adj comb.
    thanks,
    deadeye

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The barrels should all be .742

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Deadeye,

I owned a BT-100 for several years (and wish I had never sold it). It is a flat shooting gun, (you need to cover the bird) and I've never seen an adjustable rib except for one that was custom made as these other guys suggest.

My first 2 1/2 yards of punches (from the 20 to the 22 1/2) in ATA came from shooting a BT-100. Good luck and shoot well.

Kevin

8. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

He is trying to ask if the rib heights vary at the front of the barrel (the distance between the rib and the barrel at the far end of the barrel). There was a thread on here about this very subject a week or two ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.