1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP Win mod 25 disassembly

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dave, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I need some help. A Winchester model 25 just came into the shop and I need to replace the left extractor. How do you get the bolt and/or the action bar out of the receiver. Please don't say it's like a model 12 because it's NOT! I've been working on this gun for 1/2 a day and can't get it apart. I'm at the point where I'm ready to buy it just so I can take a torch to it. Thanks for all and any help you can provide.

Big Dave Borecki

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The model 25 is the non take down version of the model 12. Does that mean you can't take it apart? HMB

3. BT99

BT99 Member

You're probably going to need to make two tools. If you want complete instruction, I can email you with and attachment of the instruction. Too lengthy to post here.

4. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

HMB, I know what the gun is, I want to get the bolt out of the receiver.

BT99, Thank you, I will PM you my email address.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I had one long, long ago. I took the bolt out fairly quickly, cannot remember the trick.

I don't want to make you cranky by saying it comes out the bottom of the receiver. LOL

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

It's supposed to lift out, but this one won't. I'm guessing the broken extractor is catching on something. Going to need a bigger hammer.

My thanks to all.

7. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

I jave a m25 myself and agree its a bit different than a m12. If u dont get the solution here pm me and we can chat via phone and I ll pull mine out and walk u thru it. And if im not mistaken do you really need to take the bolt out to replace the extractor? Or the ejector for that matter. It is easier with the bolt out for sure. Let me know.

8. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I got it apart, thanks to all, and yes you have to take the bolt out to replace the left (inboard) extractor. Thanks again