1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help wanted with kick eez pads if possible

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sporting pad is the #200 series with the slanted top. They come in several thicknesses, 6 8 and 10 with 10 being the thickest. Straight thin trap pad would be the #300 series, which comes in a 5 6 8 and 10 thickness..

Ed Yanchok

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Look at their Beretta pre-fit pad. If you like the configuration, it will save you having to fit it. I had one on my Beretta, and it was a better fit than the one that came with the gun. Also, Limbsaver has a nice prefit pad. I just got an X-coil prefit pad from MPC sports for $20, and it is perfect.

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

The site listed above will show the full range of K E products. I have had pretty good results fitting a few myself. I use a belt sander with a 100 grit belt. I secure the sander vertically and work the pad against the belt. When it gets close to the guidline I finish with a block and sandpaper by hand. It takes a lot of patience and care to do a good job but is rewarding when it turns out nicely. Caution: Could be hazardous to your stock if you are not careful.

Marc

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

In my experience, the pre-fit pads don't fit real well. If you want it to look real good, custom fit is best. Limb saver pads, in my experience, are not as good as Kick-Ez. The limb saver will out last a Kick Ez but their recoil absorbtion is not nearly as good as the Kick Ez. I actually had mine give me a real bloody shoulder. Ruined my shirt and it hurt too!!!

I have fit my own but have decided the few dollars saved weren't worth it. I have one of the guys that travel to shoots do it for me.

Mark Zauhar

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Freeze the pad before grinding, works much better.

HM

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Get the pre-fit X-coil pad from MPC sports. Closeout price of $19.99. I guarantee you won't get a pad to fit as well as that one. I'm very happy with the one I just bought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

freezing kick eez