1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

!!!!!!!!! Help Wanted... Part time cook...!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

We need a part Time cook at Birmingham Gun Club in Walled Lake MI.

$7.00 per hour 3 days a week and possible ATA shoots.

Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays.

Please contact Doug @ 248.685.7644 or @ 248.363.9191

Jerbear

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know ... I might be interesting in a part time cook as well but I would be willing to pay $10 an hour but she would need to also do some laundry, dust clean and run a reloader for a couple hundred rounds a day.

BTW ... I might only be able to afford this for a couple hours a day 2 or maybe 3 times a week depending on how good a cook and reloader she is. ;-)

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jerbear, possibly the club could farm out the kitchen duty to a couple of organizations such as 4H and or B/G scout dens. They may appreciate the opportunity to make a little extra project money? Just a thought. Hap

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I just posted it for the manager of the club.

Jerbear

7. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

who supplies the spit?? will tron be frequenting this place?? if the answer to question number 2 is yes, then ill do it for free and ill supply the spit.

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Wow, All I did was put up an ad the club manager asked me to do. Maybe we could just have coffee and stale donuts before a shoot instead of bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast we offer now. You want a bowl of Chile and a burger we can make it you want a hot dog we have it. Don't chastise the club for asking for a cook, we're not looking for Emeril.

Jerbear

9. gotbass

gotbass Member

jo-48 why don't you tell us how you really feel, don't sugar coat it now, pull. That is on the cheap side, I agree. II'd be looking for a club member between jobs or a couple of wives that could use some pin money and make sure that there is a tip jar by the pay for lunch spot for the cook. Mike

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I missed the part about Jerbear asking for opinions and comments. He posted it, that's what it pays. If you don't like it why give him a ration of crap, move on, it's their business not yours.

Don

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

BigDon, Nothing here surprises me. I post a Help Wanted and all these clowns can do is bitch. Probably never stepped foot in Birmingham Gun Club but yet just like their asshole they have an opinion. It's a part time gig... maybe for someone that wants to get out of the house for a while and the tips go to the cook. We don't have a huge clubhouse and the counter is around 25 feet long so it's not that big of a deal. The lady that works there now is also working somewhere else, it was her part time thing for a few extra bucks and is now wanting to leave. She is very nice and there is no one angry that she is leaving, we now just need to fill a spot.

Jerbear

12. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Jerbear,

Don't sweat the little stuff or the little people. The folks who do the bashing are the same folks who consider themselves too good for a job like this. I was in food service for almost 20 years. It's like the people who work the concessions at Bingo games and the like. Most of them are volunteer's some get paid, but it's minimal. There is usually some other compensation like discounted play or something. I have taken many jobs like this in the past just to help out and hang with friends. Your club will find someone and if I lived close enough, I would consider it. Good luck!

Luvn

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I have been to your club and if it pays tips on top of then he/she would make more than $7, as I have seen some decent tips left.

Hang in there and if necessary put Tron in his skirt and let him do it for a day.

Don

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

I have been a member at BGC for one year.

Some leave Gail a very nice tip (50-100%). We know the position does not pay beans, and tip accordingly. Gail is a nice person, and we will miss her, but due to economic needs she must work more hours than are available at the club. Paying $12 an hour would not change that.

There may be a few visitors or some members who do not "take care of her" but that is life. There are plenty of jerks with $15,000 guns and $40,000 trucks (as confirmed on this site). These are probably the same "gentlemen" that complain about $3.50 rounds and an increase in ATA fees; but that is life too.

I am not suggesting that $7.00 an hour is a "living wage". But if the person made $12 an hour the tips would go down, and I doubt the person would be any better off. And comparing this to working at McDonald's is just plain stupid.

Anyway, if anyone knows someone who wants to be with a great bunch of people and who is interested in "working" part-time what have they got to lose?

Hap made the most intelligent suggestion - he must be one of those people that are nice to be around and that would be welcomed at BGC.

Don

15. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Jerbear you are doing a good thing. Your are helping your trap club advertise for a cook. When a firetruck is on it's way to a fire it doesn't stop to attend to the yapping dogs that chase it. Ignore the noise it's just that noise. Birmingham is a nice small trap club trying to get by. It also happens to be one of the better places to shoot trap in the state and a great place to hang out with friends. No it is not a career move to cook there. But for the right person it would be a good thing. You'll notice these rocket scientist suggest that "you" have a $15,000 gun and a $40,000 truck. They don't know jack and they don't care to. There are a few people who have the kind of gear and good for them. It has no bearing at all to what you are trying to do. Hire a cook.

Most everyone has good things to say.....focus on that. Go with Big Don, Luvnbearhugs etc, Ignore the idiots everyone else does.

Mike

16. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

A French Maid outfit would get better tips. Allen

17. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Someone mentioned "border jumpers." Well, last I heard, the "border jumpers" even get $10 an hour and free lunch when they are picked up in the Home Depot parking lot for day labor. Tips are nice. But, $7 an hour is less than is paid about anywhere including Walmart or McDonald's. Jake

18. BP348

BP348 Active Member

McDonald's pay more than $7 hr? Not down here. I have a step-son who works for the local fast food place. starting pay is $6 hr.

My club has food on Wednesday night only and we all pitch in for whatever we eat.

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Speaking of asses I think you just heard from one.

Don

20. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

One club has a women who runs the kichen whenever they are open. She stocks it out of her own pocket and sets prices. She brings in an assistant or two when a big shoot is scheduled.

She keeps all the monies and the club gets nothing in return but a large number of shooters who show up to chow down, even before the ranges are opened.

A win win situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.