1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help W/ MEC Primer Tray

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by richrob, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrob

richrob TS Member

I am trying to put the primer feed on my grabber, it was removed for shipping. The illustrations on the owners manual are not very clear as to how to hook up the spring and chain. Could someone please post or email me a few pics of how this is assembled? Thanks, Rich

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Spring should connect to far corner on the underside of primer tray to where you see it connect in picture. Chain/spring goes from under the tray to the hook you see in picture. Tension is altered by moving chain through ball by ball on underside of tray. Hope this helps.

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have someone hold the handle down or tie it downwhile you snug up the chain and spring. Adjust it if needed after trying it.

4. richrob

richrob TS Member

Wow, 9 minutes, thanks for the great picture, much more clear than the ones from mec. Thanks again guys, Rich

5. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

gotta love a quality camera phone. :)

Was glad to help!

6. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Get rid of the old, stale ball and chain thing and go to the high-capacity primer tray.

Tim

7. richrob

richrob TS Member

I would love to upgrade, but I just upgraded to the grabber from my 600 just because i got the whole setup for $50. Unless someone wants to give me a deal on a new tray, right no I'll put the money into components, but thanks for the advise, it will probably be the next purchase. -Rich

8. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

I, personally, have not had a problem with my old chain style primer tray. havent had to touch it since i set it up about 15,000 shells ago.

Buddy bought a new large tray...had a hell of a time setting his up but now works like a charm. So either way you should be good to go.

9. Robb

Robb Member

Damn nice help with that pic.

10. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

I was just glad to be able to contribute something even though I am fairly new to the sport.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Anyone have a problem w/Winchester hulls popping the carousel finger out of the guide holes when reloading?(my terminology might be bad) It is the upturned finger that pulls the turrent around as the machine cycles to the next station (9000H MEC) Doesn't do it with Remingtons, but does it 5-6 times or more in hundred w/ the Winchesters. Anyone know the cause?

12. Robb

Robb Member

revsublime, Help like that is what makes this place so good.

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Could someone post pics of new and improved large primer tray for MEC. I recently started reloading with a mec 650 picked up for 35.00. I have had a few problems with primer drop/chain. I would like to see the changes made before i buy.

14. k3uro

k3uro Member

Setterman

Hey,

Lube the machine and check the finger that rotates the indexer, it may be slapping the air piston's base. You can bend it down so it does not hit if it is hitting.

Those 2 items fixed my problem like that.

Take care,

Jim

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.