1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help the new guy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by peteodie, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peteodie

peteodie Member

I am new to the clay world and am just getting back into shooting. Can anyone suggest a direction for me as I has a Borwning 525 sporting w/32" barrel. I have tried skeet and trap to get my lead down and am looking into sporting clay and 5-stand. I hit 16 of 25 skeet (singles) and 15 trap.

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

For a start, you can hit my website above download and printout the "Gun Holds" documents - pretty good stuff.

Also, I'd recommend watching a DVD of "Trapshooting with the Remington Pros." Although done in the 60's, it was done with a gun camera and its techniques are, in my opinion, some of the best ever.

I attribute my success at making the 27 yard line in a little over a year by following the instructions in that video.

There is a person here, MOTORDOC (Joe Rossman - I do have his email address I think), who sells that video. Someone at your club may already have it and, believe me, it is well worth the time to watch. There are other training videos more current, but I still believe this was one of the best ever made and it was free to the public done by several Remington Arms professional shooters.

We often let is run continuously at our club for new shooters to watch. It tells/shows correct gun hold position, leads, and very importantly, feet positioning.

Whiz White

3. peteodie

peteodie Member

Whiz thanks for the info. I don't belong to a club so will see if I can find the DVD

The best thing about shooting clay over golf is you hit something and don't have to chase after it

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

People at clubs are "usually" very friendly and would like to help. My suggestion would be either talk some up to give you some guidance or better yet, just take a one or two day course from a pro. It will be worth every penny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.