1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! - Station1 Hard L - Station 2 Hard R

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mac V, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac V

Mac V Guest

If I could diagnose your problem long-distance, I'd be making a fortune, but...

Every time I have trouble with these 2 targets it's because I begin to include the bead in my visual picture just before the trigger pull in an attempt to verify that my lead is adequate and in doing that, I stop the gun. I've had a very good shooter watch me and he's isolated that error in MY technique. Being right-handed, I do this more often with shoots from 5 than from 1.

2. Wentez

Wentez Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Looking back or bead checking takes you away from your target.
    Try to keep your focus out at the bird. On those two targets you will miss a lot more of them by shooting behind than you will from over leading. Try to get in front of them and stay there.

Works for me. Your milage may vary.

3. 8 1/2 shot

8 1/2 shot TS Member

Jan 3, 2006
    While no expert, these targets offer no problem for me. I Stance You can try opening yourself up more to the direction, ie left or right, to insure body position is best for the radical angles. 2 Lower gunhold into the house then an intersecting line to the front of the target and follow through, rather than trying to track em. Both could prevent you from stopping the gun. PS if this doesn't work, just try something else.
  4. RWA

RWA TS Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pay attention to your foot position. On post one stand a little straighter to the line, 15 degrees, feet shoulder width apart, holding on the left corner. You'll find it's easier to swing and follow thru on the hard left. Standing at a 45 you run out of room and stop the gun...on post 2 -5 stand on 45. The most important thing is to look at the bird and nothing else...you're not going to break it looking at the barrel. trust your eyes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.