1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP - SKB 500 with FIRING PIN that sticks.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sadlot386, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadlot386

sadlot386 TS Member

Please Help if you can. I have an SKB 500 O/U which I've shoot quite a bit. Now the top barrel firing pin protrudes, after firing same, to prevent easy opening of the action to remove the spent hull - after each shot. It does open, when I srike the barrels with my left hand, and kicks the spent hull out. The primer, of the spent hull, is marred by the protuding firing pin. The bottom barrel functions just fine. What to do??? Replace the firing pin spring??? Take it to a good gunsmith? Thank You - in advance, Jim

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

spring may be weak but I would bet it just needs taken apart and cleaned. I just fixed one like it

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sounds like the firing pin hole is tighten up on the pin.Get a small drill and ream the hole slightly. Ive had to do this on a 3200. The drill bit should be just the next step up from the hole a number drill should do it.

4. sadlot386

sadlot386 TS Member

5. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

As I recall, my SKB500 had a long tang stock. To access the firing mechanism, you would have to remove the buttstock. To remove the buttstock, you would have to remove the tang screws...surefire way to "bugger" them.
    I would take it to a reputable gunsmith.
    Bluedsteel

6. larryjk

larryjk Member

If the firing pin sticks out it may be broken. Take the gun to a smith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to change firing pins in a skb shotgun
how to remove buttstock skb 500
skb 500 lower barrel firing pin and spring
skb firing pin

skb firing pin tool

you tube replace firing pin skb model 785