1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help ! Rules for conducting registered shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljunatic, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

What recourse do participants have when/if a club violates the rules for conducting a registered ATA shoot.

Specifically in regards to failure to award prizes and/or trophies in accordance with printed programs.

2. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

That is my next step. I want to know if there are specific rules I can cite or penalties that may be applied by the governing board (ATA)if my current course meets resistance

3. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

Normally, the printed program provides all info. There will probably be a disclaimer about altering the program. Shooters need to be advised as to changes in the program. This is usually handled by making an announcement and posting a notice at the cashiers window and the scoreboard.

I have seen programs that state that if there are not enough shooters the trophies will not be awarded and money will be substituted.

I'm not sure the ATA has much to say but they could rattle a few chains and make threats. Read the program carefully and if there is still a question, then contact the clubs Board. From there, I would go to the state organization before the ATA.

Gene

4. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

I will contact the president of the board then my state zone delegate if this is not resolved very soon. Shoot was in early Sept. No trophies listed in the program have been awarded except for a flat of shells to the HOA, who is also due a trophy/medal. Trophy/medals are due for the winners and runners up in singles,and doubles as well as winners of 3 yardage groups.

I have a saved copy of the program that was both printed and posted online.

I hope that the talk I had with the shoot manager at todays shoot will spur some action.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

ljunatic- The ATA will become involved in a dispute over ATA rules. There are rules in the book concerning trophies furnished by the ATA but there are no rules governing trophies awarded by the clubs. As you described the incident, I would think that involvement of the ATA is inappropriate.

The program describing the shoot could be considered as a valid unilateral contract. If the club violated this contract, you would have recourse in a local circuit court. Be absolutely certain that you fully understand the program contract prior to making a claim that the contract was breeched.

Pat Ireland

6. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Thanks Pat

I will get this handled locally and leave the ATA out of it

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

As a side note, being as it was way back in September, it would probably be too late for the ATA to even investigate it were it an ATA matter. When you perceive something to be wrong, take the proper channels THEN, not two or three months later, and most definitely not on here. John

8. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

2005 rules (You should check the current rules).

...Conducting Registered Shoots Section III.C.7. ATA is not responsible for any payments.

In Section XII Disciplinary Action,... A. Payments and Overpayment's: If payments to shooters are not made within 15 days the club may lose the right to hold registered shoots and the person(s) responsible may be barred from shooting registered shoots until shooters are paid.

I am not sure what the your next step is. I would think a talk with and/or a written complaint to the state delegate of the club; then a formal complaint to the ATA.

Jason

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jason you are talking about money not trophies.

Don

10. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Bcnu

I was told at the Sept shoot that the trophies would be engraved and ready by the next shoot.

At the next shoot, one of the winners inquired as to the status of the trophies and was not happy when they were not yet available. I did not attend that shoot, but since I was told that the trophies may take a while to make, I did not think much about it.

When I inquired about the trophies last Sunday, the response was "what trophies" more or less, so I made it clear that I will not let them "forget" to issue the awards that the program listed.

I get the distinct feeling that the shoot manager is trying to avoid the expense of buying the trophies, so if this problem is ignored long enough it might just go away.

Not gonna happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.