1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Repairing Ithaca 4E

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mt, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt

mt Member

Hi, my good friend has a 4E Ithaca that he loves. He recently got it back from repair in NY but unfortunately the gun continues to malfunction. Is there anyone that is known for Ithaca repair and restoration.

What happened is that the gun will on occasion fire upon closing. Its very disconcerting. The lockup isn't completely tight...if you hold the gun up to the sunlight you can see some space. This is different than his other 4E so we have a bit of a reference from which to compare.

He is very reluctant to send it back to the same gunsmith. I'd really appreciate any help/recommendations. Thanks

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who did he send it to? There is a gunsmith in NY State that does Ithaca repairs.

3. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Diamond gunsmithing is very good. Todd

4. BustClays

BustClays Member

Diamond Gunsmithing reblued, case colored and refinished the stock on my 4E, and when I sent pictures to complain about the job they did on the stock, they never had the courtesy to reply. It cost me over $800 and took more than 8 months. I will never send any wood to them again, I still can't believe that they would not reply to the pictures that I forwarded even after I left a followup phone message. Apparently they do not want to deal with customer service issues. They even admitted to me that they were not satisfied with the stock finish before they shipped it out. Apparently they subcontract the wood refinishing. Main problem was "globs" of finish and runs and drips, not very professional.
    Other than that, Les seems like a nice guy on the phone, I met him once when he was still at Ithaca Gun in King Ferry, he shortened a barrel for me and put on new sights. I wish that things had worked out differently with the 4E.

Bustclays

5. mt

mt Member

Are there any other recommendations...i'd really appreciate it

6. jlb

jlb Member

James Guild does excellent work on Ithaca guns both sxs and the single barrel trap guns. My daughter has two guns that he refinished a Knick and a 4E sxs both looked like new when they were finished.

(973) 875-9266

55 Gunn Rd
    Branchville NJ 07826-4135
    USA

Contact me at 505-266-6530 if you have further questions.

jlb