1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP - Repairing a Perazzi case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I just bought a Perazzi TM1L that came in the original case. The exterior of the case is in superb shape. The interior is showing its age. The foam on the back of the velvety lining is drying out and leaving 'sand-like' deposits everywhere. I'd like to salvage the case and use it, but don't want to put a gun in it until I've done so. Anyone out there who can redo the interior ? OR any suggestions how I could DIY ? Can I salvage the original lining and re-glue it ?

sseitz007_2008_01044.jpg

sseitz007_2008_01042.jpg

sseitz007_2008_01045.jpg

sseitz007_2008_01046.jpg

Gene in Illinois

2. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Actually that looks like it would be a very simple DIY afternoon project.

You could probably find the foam and cloth fairly easily. I would just remove the old lining/foam then lightly scrape/sand any remnants out of the case. Wipe it down after with denatured alcohol and let dry well.

Cutting and replacing the lining/foam should be easy particularly if you maka a paper pattern for the case interior sections.

JMHO

Jim C

3. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Gene, i have redone a couple of Americase's and (3) Perazzi case's like yours. I go to a Fabric shop and pick out the material i want. I have learned to use Elmer's spray adhesive (found in Fabric) section at Wal-Mart. The foam i found at "Hobby Lobby" they had thin to thick foam. My advice is to CUT the material a little bigger than you think you need and do a Good overlap. I use 2x4-2x6-2x8 wood to lay on the section's to get a good bond. Works for me!!!!!!!JMO Joe joe90t P.S. If you want to test your skills TRY an Americase -Those Case's are BUILT like a TANK.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Is this a duplicated thread?

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Unfortunately it is a duplicated thread. Sorry.
    Gene in Illinois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.