1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Removing Perazzi Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bmclane, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmclane

bmclane TS Member

Need a little advice from the experts. I recently installed a release trigger into one of my MX8 receivers. I have never had a problem popping in or popping out triggers from this receiver. HOWEVER, when I tried to remove this one, it WILL NOT BUDGE. I have tried everything I can think of. Took off the stock, oiled, confirmed what I think it the back retainer is moving backward (it is). Could really use some ideas before I visit the gunsmith.

Thanks in advance.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Lower the hammers, then try.

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Steve W is 100% right on. A fellow at Giacomos at the Grand recommended this as well. You need to use snap caps to lower the hammers...then try. Regards, Ed

4. bmclane

bmclane TS Member

Thanks guys. Tried it. Still no luck ??

5. traper78

traper78 TS Member

I had this same problem I had to remove the stock and take a small punch to push the trigger release pin, the problem is there is to much pressure on the pin so when you push your safety forward it dosen't pull the pin back, you will also need to push in on the trigger to help releave some of the pressure and you may need to have some fit work done to your trigger.

6. B.C.

B.C. Member

traper nailed it!

7. bmclane

bmclane TS Member

I removed part 125, 122 and 119 just to ensure the retaining pin is moving back and it is. Could something else be catching it?

8. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Did the trigger come out when you removed parts 125, 122, & 119? I had a similar problem at the Grand with a new trigger. Dan @ Giacomos clipped a little off the spring behind the retaining pin and it took care of the problem. He also installed the ramp style thumb safety. It is now much easier to work and the trigger drops right out.

9. bmclane

bmclane TS Member

Still won't come out. Even with those parts removed. I can see the retaining pin move back (but not out) and I still can't make the trigger budge.

10. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Take it to a professional, please.

Harry

11. gary0920

gary0920 Member

The retaining pin you refer to is holding the trigger assembly in place. If it didn't come out when you removed the cap, pin & spring, it must be frozen in place. Try some kroil oil in the back side where you removed the cap, a little direct heat and a little banging. It should fall out. If not, send it off to a Perazzi pro.

12. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

The Perazzi-pro will take the action, and stock in his left hand, push the release-button as hard as he can, and smack the action on something soft and firm like a padded workbench..........You're welcome......merlyn

13. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Oops. I forgot to mention that you have to pull really hard on the trigger as you smack it down on the workbench............m

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Merlin bout covered it..

15. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Merlyn grew another hand since I last saw him ??

16. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Did you remove any other parts prior to install the trigger? The most common problem I see when the trigger does not what to go in or come out properly is the pivot bar between the safety and the cone shaped plunger gets installed wrong and the safety button cannot move the plunger back far enough.

Try this...Remove the safety button and you will see the end of the pivoting bar..part #506. Do not remove the bar yet. Try and pry the top end of the pivot forward to see if you can gain a little more movement of the plunger.

It could be a possibility that the housing is just extremely tight in the receiver. This will definitely be a 3-handed job...place the receiver in a padded vice, have one person pushing the safety or prying on the pivot as far forward as possible. The other person can take a wooden dowel and using a hammer lightly tap the top of the housing.

Another trick is to squeeze the trigger housing as tight a possible into the receiver and then tap the rear portion of the receiver on a padded bench. When I mean tap, give it a good one. The plunger may pop loose and fall out. You will not damage anything on the receiver by giving it a good rap on the rear end.

17. Joe Schmo

Joe Schmo Member

If the trigger housing is simply stuck tightly in the receiver opening, I have pushed hard on the trigger release button (forward) and used a thin belt or hand towel in the trigger guard. While holding the button forward give a quick pull on the belt/towel (placed toward the rear). They have popped out every time for me. This also prevents loosing control of the trigger and sending it skidding across the room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi trap tm1 removal of trigger assembly

perazzi trigger guard removal

perazzi trigger removal

remove perazzi trigger