1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help price a Kreighoff model 32

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deadeye45, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

not sure i'm in the right catagory, but heres the question anyway.
    Help in pricing a unmolested Kreighoff model 32 sb Trap, 32" barrel, 95%. Pretty sure is has a selectable trigger. Serial number in the 3,000's.
    thanks, deadeye

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

$1,800 max!!

3. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I have a 32 trap with 30 inch barrels & if you offered me $1800.00 I would ask you " do you want to own it or just look at it". If it is really nice I would say $1800.00 would be a steal. JMO Colonel

4. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I just bought one this year,paid 2200.00 for it,I thought that was a fair price.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Sir klink!

6. dshot

dshot Member

I see people asking more for the action and fore end iron than the $1800.00

7. oleolliedawg

Not for a top single with a 3,000 serial #. Late serial # receivers can be sold for $1,500 or a bit higher. Top single 32" barrels have a limited market and most sell for around $500!!

8. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm with oleolliedog on this one! It's the 32" top single that lowers the value!!

9. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Thanks Guys. I'm thinking $1800 would be a 'fair price'.
    LB

10. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

There isn't anything wrong with a 3,xxx serial number -- nada, zip, zilch!

The problem was resolved by the time they got to around SN 1,xxx -- my 'smith told me (and he works on a lot of Krieghoff's) to be safe stay above 1,2xx.

11. oleolliedawg

Yeah, but tell that to a buyer!!

12. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Ollie if a buyer has his head up his butt with incorrect information you are doing him and other's a disservice by perpetuating a falsehood.

Similar to the crap you hear aboutK-80 barrels where the ejector's have a screw in them -- they never had a problem ejecting a shell because of the screw and work just as good as the newer barrels without the screw --- but the myth continues.

The only reason these thing's are repeated over and over again is so chisler's can hammer on the price ask by those who don't know any better.

I do, however, agree about the 32" top-single not being very popular and thus sell for less --- the sad thing is if some of the more vertically challenged shooter's gave 32" single-bbls a chance they might shoot better with them.

13. oleolliedawg

DB, why don't you or any others who think it's worth more than $1,800 offer the buyer a premium.. Then you can turn around and sell it for what you deem market value and put the difference in your pocket. Fact is, I just bought and sold the identical gun with a 9,000 serial # around a month ago. The East coast's (PA's) largest Krieghoff dealer and repair center offered him $900. I sold the receiver for $1,500 and the barrel for $500. See how easy that was!!

14. oleolliedawg

I will add Hal DuPont was selling brand new 32" top single low rib barrels a few years ago for $550!!

15. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

If a dealer offers $900 cash that's a pretty good indication that it's worth at least $1800.

I don't personally care for top singles in any combo gun but I'm not his market. Shooter's who want to upgrade from a BT-99 etc and are looking for an inexpensive would do well to consider an Model 32 in good shape.

And Ollie, unlike most of those who buy gun's here on trapshooters I rarely buy a gun to resell unless the asking price is very very low. And very rarely will I try to beat someone up on a price -- in fact the last two I bought all I ask was how much was shipping and insurance and sent them either a Cashier's Check of Postal Money Order. Could I have knocked something off the price? Maybe but if the gun was priced fairly I don't mind paying for value.

16. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

I suppose the next logical step is, if anyone knows or bumps into a potential buyer, would you send them my way? Pictures later.
    Deadeye

17. oleolliedawg

Let's go guys-step up to the plate. A golden opportunity awaits those talkers who believe it's worth far in excess of what the seller wants.

In reality, this one is a great value for a lady or junior shooter. Upgrades available include K-80 wood and unsingle barrels. Both are easily fitted to that Model 32 action. Heck, you can barely get a decent BT-99 Plus for that little money. Some pictures would help with the sale!!

18. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Such a gun at $1800 is of more interest to someone who has a set of over under barrels sitting around the house than it is to a serious shooter who wants a new gun. $1800 is a fair price for most guns of the configuration mentioned.

19. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I bought mine a year ago with thet K-80 upgrades and O/U barrels for $3500. Have way more than that in it now as I have added other barrels, etc. But, given how I shoot it, wouldn't take $20K for it. I love that gun. 1,800 is a steal in my opinion. I would think the receiver and iron are worth that.

Courtney

20. md-11

md-11 TS Member

So what would a set of O/U barrels for this gun go for? I am in the market for a gun that will end up being my son's go to gun for both singles and doubles. He shoots his BT-99 lights out now but needs a good doubles gun. What are the benefits of the K-80 upgrades and are they worth the price? This sounds like it might be a way to get into a good quality gun without going overboard on the amount of money spent.

Thanks,

Jeff Daigneau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.