1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Price .22 LR Ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TOM416, Aug 31, 2013.

1. TOM416

TOM416 Member

I have several bricks of Eley Special Pistol Match .22 LR ammo that I do not use any longer.
    I have been out of .22 pistol shooting for awhile and would like to know what is the going price for this ammo.
    I tried to look it up on line but could not find any info on it.
    Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Tom

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

How many do you have and is it the target grade ..? I bought 2 bricks for plinking which was the limit for $ 32.50 each and though it was a rip off they had them and I wanted them ... I save the good stuff for when it matter most ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

About $16.50 a box at today's prices. I have no idea whether your lot is a good one or a mediocre one. No one is going to pay the big buck for "several bricks" without testing a box first. Eley Pistol Match is pretty easy to find on line, but may be a different variety than you have.

4. gjmen

gjmen Member

Eley match pistol in the black box is going for $150 + - a brick now. That is if suppliers have them in stock. Are all of your bricks the same lot number?
    gjmen

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Eley ammo I got was and is in a black box, strickly plinker grade so I don't know that the color of the box matters or I made a hell of a deal ... If it was worth $150.00 per brick and I didn't reorder a lot more I am not going to be a happy camper ...I shoot all Jacketed hollow points and mini mags in my .22's and have had good luck with them so far ... The Glock 17 -.22lr conversion kit I have says to not use mini mags for subsonic ammo ... Its works great with the CCI's I have been feeding it, they are jacketed and have had one jam problem in over 1000 rounds ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I have never seen jacketed 22 ammo. Guess I am too far out in the sticks.

GneJ

7. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I think he means "plated".

Jim Skeel

8. oz

oz Active Member

Midway has had it (and still does) have eley .22 LR. about 6 different types. runs about $15/50.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I stand corrected Jim used the right terminology, "plated" and in a black box ... I will get a picture later if I have time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...