1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help - Post Office...............................

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plabels466, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I mailed a package to a TS.com member on June 14th.....He never received it.....I kept the receipt on my shooting bench for approx 2 weeks then threw it away.....It was misc. parts totaling $80.00.....The address & return address were under clear packing tape also - yes I am very careful how I ship.....What can we do???? Thanks................Pete

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Talk to the p.o.

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I keep all receipts until I know the package has been received. If you mailed your package by parcel post, it takes a long time in transit.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you insured it they can track it

If you paid for the transaction by debit card they can pull it back up- check your debit card records- get the date and time of transaction and bring that information back

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Yea I blew it...I paid cash & no insurance because the item was under $100.00.....And because TS.com shooters are so gracious they usually email you to tell you thanks - they received the package, all the more I should have kept the reciept.......Parcel Post is slow but a month???? Thanks for your replys...............Pete

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hard lesson learned. At least you are learning. :)

7. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

.80 cents for delivery confirmation

8. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Parcel Post does take about 5 weeks to Hawaii from the east coast of US. You did not say were you were shipping to and from were. Also, the PO does not give handling of lower class mail any priority. You could talk to the PO just to confirm the time it is SUPPOSE TO TAKE. But since it is not insured if it is truly lost you are out of luck.

I suggest that you keep in touch with the buyer asking him to wait a little longer before refunding him the money.

We don't want him to be posting here that he got ripped off. 8)

Jason

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I know Pete & there is no question that he is honest and did mail the item. I have had things take that long but it is a rare thing. My suggestion is to wait another week at least, then send him a refund. Trust me folks, Pete will do the right thing.

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I just mailed twp packages on Sat. One went to michigan and one went to Wi. both got to their destinations on Mon. They were sent from Pgh. priority. Bulge.

11. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Parcel Post can be held at each location for 3-4 days & believe me they do. They are more less forcing you to use Priority Mail, so just do it.

12. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

1-404-344-1625

Atlanta Mail Recovery Center

13. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kevin A is right on. I always do the delivery confirmation this way you know it was delivered.. For more expensive items make sure you get a signature.

Doug

14. scarecrow

scarecrow TS Member

Same thing happened to me. I mailed a large envelope to Florida to a famous person, included a postage paid return envelope and four posters to be autographed, but did not insure and it just dissapeared. From now on I will either insure, send FedEx, or not send. We have no other options. J.R. Long

15. WTW

WTW Member

Pete, go to the P. O. and talk to them. They have a dead letter office and lots of mail ends up there if it gets damaged in handling. It should not take more than a week to ten days for P. P..

Good luck. Ted

16. postmastertim

What is a Mail Recovery Center (MRC)?

Undeliverable mailpieces are sent to the USPS Mail Recovery Center (MRC). At the MRC, letters are scanned by machines to determine if they contain items of value (Checks, Credit Cards, Money Orders, etc.). Letters and parcels that are determined to contain items of value are opened in an attempt to identify an address where the piece can be forwarded or returned.

If the mailpiece cannot be delivered or returned, and the item is worth less than $25.00, it is destroyed. If the mailpiece is determined to be an item of value, meaning the content is worth more than $25.00, it will be held for a variable amount of time according to the services included on the mailpiece.

In the instance where an undeliverable letter contains a check, the check is shredded and an explanation letter and image of the check are mailed to the address on the check.

How long is undeliverable mail held at the MRC?

Depending on the Mail Class and the Extra Services purchased, mail is held at the MRC as follows:

Items held for three months:
    Delivery Confirmation™ / Priority Mail® parcels
    Priority Mail without Delivery Confirmation service parcels
    Certified Mail / letters and parcels
    Unnumbered insured parcels
    Ordinary Mail of Value

Items held for 6 months:
    Registered Mail Parcels
    Express Mail® Parcels
    Insured Parcels (may be held up to 1 year)

How does the USPS dispose of items of value if the owner cannot be located?

Occasionally, the MRC will auction off the items held. More information on upcoming auctions, including locations and directions, can be found at United States Postal Service auctions. Auctions usually start at 10:00 AM with the viewing of the available merchandise beginning at 8:30 AM. Merchandise is sold in lots, not by individual item, and catalogs may be purchased for a nominal fee on the day of the auction.

17. skeetshooter

skeetshooter TS Member

Fill out a Form 1510 at your local post office or post office of mailing if different.

18. postmastertim

PS Form 1510 was eliminated a few years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.