1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help, please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Danny56, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

I would prefer not to discuss my answer to this question.

2. paul e. stark

paul e. stark TS Member

I think reading a book about reloading might be in order.

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Why would you ask such a question...did you load a bunch and maybe forget one or two of the components?

If you did everything right, the weight of the whole shotshell is immaterial. The variations in weight of the hull (+/- 5-10 grains), powder (+/-.3 grains) and shot (+/- 5 grains) can create a lot of variation.

Were you trolling?

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The problem is if your over alittle or under alitte you can,t tell by weighting them . Like was said the hulls will different

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

5 chosen at random weighed 679, 680, 684, 685, and 686 grains. They all had 492 grains of 7 1/2s, 20.5 grains of Green Dot, a Claybuster "White 8" wad, STS hull, Cheddite primer.

If you get carried away and run the powder measure dry, it can pay for itself the first time it happens. This is especially true with metallics. If you want an electronic balance (good choice), take a look at the PACT, 1500 grain, 110V model. Chances are they make the one for RCBS. Good luck.

http://pact.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.