1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Please! My powder scale has an accident!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Our gun club had an instructional seminar today and I taught shot shell reloading. While preparing to go to the gun club I found out my PACT Electronic Scale was allergic to gravity. As soon as it hit the floor another fatality was chalked up to carelessness. I have been giving CPR but it has gone on to "great scales of weights and balances in the Sky". It is now time to purchase its replacement. Your suggestions would be most appreciated with spending limit less than $150.00 .

Weightless in Kentucky

Charlie

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

Pact may fix it for you free ,great people to deal with contact them and tell your story ,you may be suprised

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I have a new Dillon D-Terminator. It is not the same one they sold 5 years ago. In fact, they do not even warranty it. If you have a problem with it, you must send it back to the people (CED) they OEM'd it from.

That being said, it is an OK scale for a made in China unit.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a Pact. It went south and it took me three months to get it fixed. I find myself relying on a balance scale instead of the electronic. I just feel more comfortable with a balance and I prefer the hydraulic models because they are faster. You can buy them used for about $35.00. I have several some of which are new in box old stock if you need one

5. Charlie Becknell

I have balance scale, just got lazy in my old age and I like the electronic scales.

Charlie

6. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

After I shot mine, there was not enough left to send to anyone.

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have had too much trouble with the Pact. In my opinion its a POS. The cheapest way around it is to buy a good beam type scale.

TB

8. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I have a simple Pacific powder scale with a weigh pan, an oil reservoir and sliding weights. I use a .277 90gr Sierra HP bullet to make sure it's on "0". I've had this instrument for 40 years with never a problem. You can buy one of 'em for $20 I'd guess. Find somewhere else to spend your money.

Here's a situation where K.I.S.S. applies. all the best.....grampaw mike

9. kolarshooter

kolarshooter Member

Dillon is the onlu one for me. First one was replaced for FREE after 8-10 years of service, and the new one is about 2 years old, Run's great.
    Dillon has the BEST warrenty of any thing !

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Charlie....
    I would also go to PACT and tell them what happened. I would also tell them about teaching the reloading class for new shooters at your club. Perhaps they would be willing to offer a 10% discount on new scales if they were purchased by your students, etc. PACT has been a great company to deal with for me. I have had a PACT for many, many years, and it has given me zero trouble. I had a problem calibrating it when I first got it, and a phone call to them solved my problem within 5 minutes. FWIW, PACT also makes scales for many different "big name" folks that just market the same, basic scale under their own brand names. If my PACT gives it up, I'll just suck it up and buy another one from them..... Very cheap investment for the return... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. Charlie Becknell

Thank you for your comments and advice, I can depend on my trapshooting buddies to give straight forward advice , which I really appreciate. I had good service out of my PACT for many years and decided to buy another one. I believe they are quality instruments and they are made in USA ( that is important to me). I try to buy American when I can.

Thank you again,

See you at the Grand,

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.