1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Please. Lateral POI Adjustment needed.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tailbuster, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Hi everybody,

I need some help. I am shooting about 8 inches left at 40 yards. I have a Gracoil with adjustable pad on it. The pad came loose and I didn't have the base plate marked where it was originally fit. I put it where I thought it was (about 3/8 inch right of stock alignment), but I'm shooting left. I have a club league to shoot with no time to pattern. I'd like to be at least closer before I shoot. Which way do I have have to move the pad and about how much? Closer is better than where it is.

I do have an adjustable comb but it is aligned with the stock and always has been. I appreciate your help.

all the ebst,
    john

2. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Your gun doesn't shoot straight when set up to put your eye behind two stacked beads? cls

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Your eye is the rear sight, move your adj pad in the direction you want the POI to go. Move it another 1/4-3/16 to the right and see if that helps.

Eric

4. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Charles,

No, it doesn't seem to be. I thought about it being the choke or something, but that just doesn't make sense to me. The best I could figure is that the pad moved from where it was and it is causing me to do something different. Frankly, I'm not really sure. Of course, when I patterned it I didn't have my tools to try an adjustment there. Any ideas are appreciated.

all the best,
    john

5. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Well Guys,

I decided I just won't sleep well tonight without going out to the club and pattern and adjust it. So I'm going. If I can't fix it, I'll be back on later. Thanks.

john

6. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Your pad has nothing to do with the "windage" adjustment of your gun. Gun fit has everything to do with it. Or, your barrel/choke is not shooting to the center.

If you have a 4-way adjustable comb, you can move the comb to the right to bring your pattern back to center. 8 inches is a lot of ground to make up. You may have to have your stock bent so you have cast off or have a good barrel smith do some work on the barrel.

Last alternative is to sell it and get a gun that fits.

7. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

I agree with Eric 3/16" to 1/4" to the right seems about right for 8" to the left at 40 yds .

I'm more comfortable checking at 16 yds and the tightest CT available . It is a bit easier to "choose" a POI @ 16 (where it is 1/16" adjustment for each 1" off ) than at 40 ; less walking too .

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.