1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Please, all you Military 1911 guys

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by setter, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setter

setter Member

The website above has some great info. Your "Not English Make" was made for the Brits under Lend-Lease and reference to it can be found on above site.

2. Goose28313

Goose28313 TS Member

According to the 24th edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values...your Remington Rand models were made in 1943 and 1944 respectively. Your Colt is giving me a headache on figuring it out. That serial number range isn't listed in the Blue Book under 1911 military variations as being a Colt...According to the numbers you've listed it should be another Remington Rand. In reference to the marking of "Not English Make" does make sense as being a Lend-Lease gun, but I've seen nothing to document it. As far as value goes, accodring to the Blue Book (24th edition that is a couple years old) a 98% condition Remington-Rand is worth approximately 625.00, and add 20% if you have original shipping carton. Your Colt in 98% condition assuming it's all original and all there should be worth about 895.00. I would do some more research if I were you, if it indeed has those markings on them, it could be worth more. I've seen a similar situation with another firearm that turned out to be a Lend-Lease. Hope this helps.

Derek

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I thought all the Military guys from 1911 were dead!

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

Goose is a little off in values as I sold a 95% Rem-Rand last weekend for $1,800. The market is strong on WWII 1911s, you just have to find the right buyer. Your pistols will only go up in value over time.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.