1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help picking adjustable recoil pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mt, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt

mt Member

Hi, i need to purchase and have installed an adjustable recoil pad device as well as a new recoil pad on my Ljutic Dynokick. Multiple spine surgeries make this a necessity for me.

Who makes the best model? I'd like one that i can adjust in multiple directions/dimensions.

Also, any preferred installers? I live in Southern Ca but will ship if that's what it takes.

Thank you.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

For the pad i would look at the Kick EEZ and Gooey pads.

Matt

3. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

My vote is for Tron http://tronspace.com Joe has done great work for me and I think others here on TS will agree.

4. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I like the graco adjustable butt plate, it has lenght of pull,. up and down, plus twist. I use a kick-ezz pad. Depending on your location I have used Rod's in ohio or graco themselves.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Space gun, I have the same set up on my TMX. I'm real comfortable with it. Bulge.

6. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Ken Rucker at Speedbump Stockworks. Get the bumpbuster w/the adj pad plate.
    Jimmy

7. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

Todd Nelson (Country Gentleman--stockfitter) does an expert job and his adjustable buttplate is adjustable THROUGH the pad which is very important. He travels to many of the major shoots or can be sent to his home. He did a beautiful job on my stock and the quality of the hardware and fitting was superb. His website is www.gunfitter.com...

8. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Graco adjustable butt plate w/a Kickezz or pachmyar triple XXX Trap pad.

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I know you said pad,but a PFS is infinitly adjustable both for fit and recoil, a few more dollars though. :(

10. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I have the Jones adjustable plates on my K-80 and KX-5. It's an older design and one has to remove the pad to adjust. The main thing is that it stays put. If you don't suffer from the compulsion to constantly tinker with your gun, it will do.

Kick-Eez for the pad itself. It's as good as any, IMO.

11. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

mt,

How much adjustment do you need? I have one on my BT99 and it only has so much adjustment; 1" Vertical drop, .3125" Horizontal Offset, 22 degree Diagonal-Left and Right. If you need more than that, the PFS is the way to go.

If that is enough, Tron is the way to go.

12. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

You can't beat the Tronster for quality and service. It's his animals that raise a few eyebrows, both four footed and two legged with skirts. I've not seen Hillary in slacks lately.

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The aluminum version of the Morgan Adjustable Recoil Pad are pretty nice and priced fairly cheap. They don't have quite as much adjustment of some others though.

Matt

14. mt

mt Member

i was hoping to be able to adjust pitch a few degrees as well as angle the toe out perhaps 15 degrees or so and lower the pad about 3/4 inch.

I didn't realize that the PFS would work with a Dynokick...not sure how much they cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

howtoadjustkik-eezrecoilpadangle