1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! Perazzi....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rad 53, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rad 53

rad 53 Member

Just broke a L.H. main spring in my beloved SHO [type 1] sidelock Perazzi.It is a huge ask, but I'm hoping someone out there has one or even a pair of these main springs they would like to sell.Alas,it is not a type 2,otherwise I could drop in an MX8 spring.I was also wondering if I could swap the bridle with an MX8 bridle and then modify an MX8 spring to fit.Has anyone done this as a retrofit? I'm in a HUGE hole here so any help will be most appreciated. A merry Xmas to you all and a fantastic shooting new year, regards from down under,Donald Robb.

2. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Call Jim "Whiz" White - S&W Supply - (605) 341-4412

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

I owned a Type 1 Perazzi once and found that Giacomo can modify the trigger to accept current design springs. Suggest you contact them.

Tom

4. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Donald,it is not a good thing changing the bridle on the type 1 SCO because the springs can easily be found.
    I'm sure that I have some of those in my shop.

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I ship quite a few Perazzi parts around the globe; Australia and South Africa often, and even export guns, barrels etc to these countries.

I suspect you could very easily knock out the Bridle pin and replace with a new Bridle that accepts the newer springs. Or, depending on the Hammer design, a new Hammer with Bridle could be replaced.

I've had a few of the very older Perazzi in here that use the Bridle with th different top piece, and have been able to install the newer leaf springs in them. If yours is much different, drop me a photo and I'd be happy to assist.

One thing nice about shipping to Australia is that shipping costs in most cases are CHEAPER then for me to ship around the USA.

[​IMG]

Whiz White

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Didn't he say he has a sidelock Perazzi?

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Type one SHO is kind of a collectable model, most people would put it in the safe as a trophy item. Nice to hear someone is actually put it to use these days.

It is true the trigger can be modified to accept current springs, but that's for someone really have no other choice.

IMO, if Giuliani (MMgunparts) has the original springs, buy it from him, his prices are more than fair, and he will cater to your needs if something require more attention.

Messing with a type one SHO (or any SHO) is not advisable.

8. rad 53

rad 53 Member

Thankyou all for you replies.I think Marcello will be the saviour of the day.Cheers for now,Donald.

9. decimamas 54

Rob, I'm also working on the FP for the SHO.
    About the 2nd type of SHO you can use a MX8 springs but they aren't the right one. The right one are 4 KG stronger and I have them.

10. decimamas 54

[​IMG]

Don, here the springsthat you are looking for: compare them to yours and let me know.
    I only have #10 pairs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi sho for sale