1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help on XT browning

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stratos, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratos

stratos TS Member

Have a XT trap combo from Guns Unlimited. In shooting the gun today the rigger got extremely hard to pull as if it were out of time or something is binding. Removed the stock and found no broken parts or damage. Does anyone have any ideas on the problem the gun has less than two thousand rounds through it Thanks AL

2. stratos

stratos TS Member

my spelling isn't what it should be that is the trigger got hard to pull

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

When you took the stock off, did you lube the action? Also, make sure the gun closes completely. If shooting reloads, you might have gotten a piece of shot under an ejector.

Before you do anything, take off the barrel with the action cocked, make sure the lever is in the center of the tang, and snap the firearm. Did the trigger improve? If so, you may need to look for something under the ejectors.

If not, remove the stock again, and lube the action. Are you shooting reloads? If so, you may be using a powder that leaves a little residue. This will find its way into the action. Do you have some take up in the trigger? If not, you may have powder residue in the action. If so, a cleaning with brake cleaner, and a shot of compressed air is in order. After this, spray the action with a good gun lube. I have used Rem Oil for many years. I like Ballistol better, but this is not as easy to get.

Try these things and get back to us. The design of this gun has been proven for generations, and is not trouble prone.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The trigger shoe adjusts for LOP. Was that binding somehow?

5. stratos

stratos TS Member

Thanks to all that responded to me. Think I found the problem in the action. Some trash had found it's way into the action and causing the problem. Gun back to shooting like it is suppossed to only the loose nut on the back end was tight enough to find the targets.

Thanks AL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.