1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help on TM1 special

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hickie, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hickie

hickie TS Member

How do I tighten the forarm on my TM1 special? Thanks for any and all help.

Rich

2. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi hickie, if you are talking about tightening the wood to the forarm iron take the forearm and look down into the barrel channel in the wood. as you depress the release button on the front of the forearm you will see a set screw appear in the hole on the forearm iron just in front of where the barrel lug goes into the forearm iron. remove the screw and the release button will now come out of the front of the forearm. there will be a long (3"-4") spring that will also come out the front. now you can use your stock wrench to tighten the iron to the wood by inserting the stock wrench in from the front and tightening the forearm operating button guide. doug

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Caution....Do not over tighten the forearm or the set screw. Ray

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I had a loose forend and I handed the gun to my gunsmith and he said "close your eyes, you don't wanna see this". I closed my eyes and heard a loud bang bang and I looked up and he still had the hammer in his hand after pounding on the barrel lug. He put the forend back on and it is still tight to this day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.