1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help on some old PC wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amerrycan, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amerrycan

amerrycan TS Member

I think these wads are left over from when my father was shooting trap in the mid 80's but I am not sure. The problem is I dont have any rxp hulls. I was wondering if any one knew if I could use them any another hull, and if any one had any data for them. I have 3000 of them and would like to use them. Any help would be great!

James

2. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Remington RXP hulls load the same as the present STS hulls. I believe there is plenty of current data for using the RXP wads which the picture indicates are a substitute for.

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

They may be brittle and collapse when fired .

4. amerrycan

amerrycan TS Member

you know I thought they might be brittle as well but they don't fell that way. I was playing with one and the fell soft and pliable. You can stil bend the pedals all the way backwards and the don't break or crack. I might load a few and try them out.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They are old, but probably still ok to use. The RXP hulls use the same data as the STS/Nitro/Gun Clubs, so you should be good to go. As far as WHAT data to use, there is a lot of old data for these wads. I would NOT assume they can use the same data as the old RXP wads, nor would I assume they are a direct replacement. If you do load them, be sure to use data that starts at a low enough pressure to give you a considerable amount of headroom, just in case. Downrange had some PC wads, so you might want to check in with them to see their take on it. Kevin Lewis is the one to talk with. I have some recent data for the Purple and Red PC wads, but would have to dig to see if I have some for these. I used to load them, but will not trust my memory on what data I used. The timeframe of the 80's sounds about right, but they might be older than that. The late 70's might be more in line.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They will load and shoot fine as long as they have not been exposed to a lot of artificial UV light or sunlight. If you can't easily tear off the shot petals they'll be fine.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I loaded them in the Rem STS hulls and they did fine except for speed. They I think let alot of gas around them. The speed was less then the Rem hulls that I use for game. I just ended up shooting targets with them.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The Rxp hull was a straight wall wasn't it?

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When I have found a wad that I have not used before, I stand it up along side the wad I have been using and compare the two. If the bottom of the shot cup is in the same place for both I am good to go. HMB

10. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Barry

The RXP was a tapered case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.