1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help on 391

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I just tried to put the bolt assembly back into my 391 after cleaning it, and the bolt wont go back beyond the bolt closed position. I know there is a trick to putting the bolt assembly in. I just dont remember what. I would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. JM

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Look at the bolt, slide, & opperating rod off the gun,but assembled. Slide the operating back and forth. You'll see part of the bolt rise--this is whats hanging you up. I place the stock upside down in my gun vise. Insert the ass'y into the receiver making sure the bolt is flush--they I guide the connecting rod with a small piece of wire. when it contacts the plunger-I move the operating rod to check movement.

Phil Berkowitz

3. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Have your trigger removed, hold the receiver vertical with one hand and as you put the assembly over the magazine watch to make sure the rod hits the middle of the spring return then press down, it should travel down ok if not try same again, once in place install the bolt to keep from commin out.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Make sure the trigger is cocked and that you dont have the connecting rod upsidwdown on the bolt assy

5. straightsixes

straightsixes TS Member

BY FAR the easiest way to put the bolt in is WITHOUT the trigger group installed.

Even without the trigger group installed there are times where you will need to pull the bolt assembly back out and recheck to make sure it is in the proper grooves of the receiver. It takes about a second to do, and then repeat if necessary when the trigger group is out.

Having the trigger group installed essentially turns it into a guessing came as you try to blindly fish the bolt rod back towards the stock spring assembly.

We have all been there... just take out the trigger group and it will get 100x easier to reassemble the gun.

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you. Problem solved. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.