1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP NEEDED WITH MORGAN ADJUSTABLE PAD!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    does anyone know how to change recoil pads on a morgan adjustable plate. I do not like the two different pads that come with the morgan plates. i would like to put different companies recoil pad on these plates and still have the option to allow the pad to move up and down. at the wisconsin state shoot a few years ago, the gunsmith that is always on the grounds each year, had placed a terminator pad on a morgan. i never looked to see how he did it.

SECOND QUESTION- a friend of mine has a new in the box jenkins recoil pad. it is green and yellow. another trapshooter out at the waukesha gun club told me the jenkins pad was not well liked, and i should throw it out. was the jenkins pad, a good pad or not?
    thanks,
    steve balistreri

2. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Your friend probably wants you to throw the Jenkins pad in his direction. I had a Jenkins on a Mod. 12 many years ago and liked it very much. I still have 2 or 3 laying around somewhere. The way they were curved made them mount in the same place every time. Sorry but I can't help you with your Morgan pad interchange question, although I have the regular Morgans on several guns and like them very much also. Larry Evans

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Larry made a very fair offer for the Jenkins pad. I would suspect that the Jenkins pad is one of the re-runs made around 1980 and not one of the original pads made in the late 1930's to about 1950. A Jenkins pad on a M-12 brings back many memories.

Bill Jenkins had the molds used by his father and uncle (Jenkins brothers, both in the ATA H of F) to make the original Jenkins pads. Around 1980, Bill allowed someone (I forgot who) to use the molds and bring back the Jenkins pads. That business only lasted a few years. I have no idea where the molds are now and Bill died several years ago.

Pat Ireland

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Amen, Shootlow!!!

Ken Rucker

5. 870smokim

870smokim TS Member

Get a scrol saw and 1/4 in drill a couple peices of alum. and make your own

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.