1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP NEEDED. PURDEY SBT IN IL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FHALZ, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FHALZ

FHALZ TS Member

I have been trying to get the name of the man who bought a Purdey single barrel trap gun from Jaquas in Ohio in 1996, give or that a few years. I have ask Jaquas for the info and they say they can't give it out. I have no. 2 of a pair and the one that was sold to a man in Ill. is no.1 of my pair. They only thing they told me was that they did sell it to a man in Ill. Does anyone know of a gentlemen who shoots or did shoot a Purdey sbt? I would love to put this pair together again. Please email me if you have any info. I would love to make an offer on this gun but first I have to know who might have it. Thanks, Frank

2. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Why don't you ask Jaqua's to broker the deal for you - if they know who the owner is, they could get in touch with him.

Sure, you'll have to pay them a commission, but trying to find a gun that changed hands 15 years ago by asking if anyone knows the gun or its owner is a needle-in-a-haystack proposition that's not much different from buying a lottery ticket - could work, but it won't.

Additionally, by using Jaqua's to broker the deal you get the benefit of Jaqua's knowledge of what the gun should sell for.

Ted K.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Ted offered an excellent strategy to consider!

Jay

4. RED Z06

RED Z06 Member

Frank,

Would you post a picture of yours? I'd love to see a Purdey SBT and I'm sure others would too!

Thanks,
    Pat

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

You can also contact Joe Hall at "matched pairs.com" in the UK. They have a reuniting service for pairs of British guns. They have a database of serial numbers and owner contact information.

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

The interesting part is a matched pair of SBTs. Doubles, I understand, game shooting with a loader, etc. Multiple bbls on a SBT I understand, but matched pair?? I hope Frank finds no#1, it would be interesting to hear the rationale for this set!

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Put your contact info and reason on paper and put it in a anvelop with a stamp and ask them to put the address. They just might do it. I had to do that to find some classmates for a reunion and it worked.

8. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Check the archives of James D. Julia Auctioneers. I seem to rember a Purdey SBT for sale about a year or two ago. I want to say that it fetched about 8-10K, you'll have to sort through confederate flags, slave tags, and a corn cob that was used by General Custer.......

BTW while we are looking for needles in a haystack.....still looking for DB81 ser# 57732 29 1/2" O/U IM/XF that was sold to Roger Jack around 2001-2003.

9. FHALZ

FHALZ TS Member

First, Thank you for all the replys. Ted K. That is a very good idea.I will contact Jaquas and see if that is possible. I am surprised that they did not think of this idea. Pat, I will try to take some pics over the weekend and get them posted. 8Bore, I know who you are talking about. I have two guns with him now, looking for their twins and I will send him this one also. Thanks, Auctioneer, We did send a letter from Jaquas to the person that bought the gun back in 1996 but did not get a reply. I don't know if they still own it, don't want to sell it and don't want to talk to anybody about the gun. That is why I am trying my best with other ways of maybe finding it. Thanks. Euro Joe, The reason according to the letters I have from Purdey is Mr. Graves wanted two matching guns with different chokes. He did not want to bother with changing barrels, just change guns. He was a very rich man. Thanks. Little Gambler, The gun that was at James Julia was the gun I own now. It is the gun I am looking for it's twin. Thanks again for all your help. Frank

10. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

LOL Nailed it! I remember that gun listed on there!

Now how about that DB81....... Where the hell is it hanging out at?

11. FHALZ

FHALZ TS Member

TO THE TOP ONE TIME.

12. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Gee, I was hoping you'd find it too, if only to get the information for you if #1 was not available. It's sitting out there in someone's closet. Maybe Bill Grill needs to check his inventory, I thought he'd remember where he put it. :)

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Bob, I saw that gun for sale somewhere? I only collect American made. I shoot all of them so I can usually find them. :)

14. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Frank, check your PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

extra finish purdey sbt

extra finish purdey single barrel trap gun

purdy single barrel trap gun