1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed on Charles Daly

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr.C, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.C

Mr.C TS Member

I just bought a Charles Daly model 106 o/u in 12 gauge.It is very stiff when breaking open.Can anything be done,or do I have to shoot it a while to loosen it up?
    Thanks,
    Pat Cornacchio

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

shooting it a lot is still probaly the best way, there are other ways like valve grinding compound, but if you go that route you may get it too loose,best solution is just to sit and keep opening and closing it a few hundered ( ??? ) times, that way you will be keeping the hammers cocked and wont have the extra stress of the cocking hammers. Or you can loan it to my Son, who dropped his new pump gun in the sand on his first day out, that will also loosen a gun up,,, Just joking dont try this at home unless you are a pro. LOL

3. Houston6

Houston6 TS Member

me.c
    How do you like the Chas. Daly otherwise. I just bought on in 410 and it is also a little stiff opening. What did you pay for your's? Just wandering if I paid too much for mine.

HJ

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Check to see if the gun is starting to gauld at the intersection of the forearm and the receiver. This was a condition of one gun I owned at one time. The gun was almost hard to open and didn't loosen up . Then I noticed the metal rubbing and removed the gauld with a dremel tool.

Rock

JIm

5. Mr.C

Mr.C TS Member

I took the gun back to gun shop,and dealer told me it's common in low end shotguns.He said to try graphite,and work the gun as drhuner said.I will check to see if any gaulding is present.Thanks guys.Houston6,I paid $495 for the gun.

6. Richshoots

Richshoots TS Member

I assume you are using a lubricant on the sides of the receiver and where two metal parts contact each other. I use "hinge pin " grease on my Brownings and after awhile they open very smoothly.
    Rich

7. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

We had a guy at the range last week with a Daly. His was really tight. When we had him break it down, it was totally dry. Make sure you use a good quality grease like STOS on all surfaces that move or rub against one another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.