1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed: Can't reassemble Browning Citori.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Kirk MacDonald, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirk MacDonald

Kirk MacDonald TS Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Greetings, All:
    No politics, nothing for sale, just a problem some of you may have had and can help me solve. I shoot with a lovely Browning which for the first time won't go back together. Pins were fired, I guess, but something needs to happen to move one small piece so that this fine gun will operate properly again. Onyone been there and done that?
    Happy to hear from you!
  2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dec 9, 2006
    best bet is pics of what is not going back to gether......what did you touch? My guess is the trip/cocking lever is down if that helps, you are talking barrel to reciever will not go back to gether????
  3. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

Oct 27, 2007
    That happened to me with a beretta and I finally pushed on the ejector after noticing it looked funny and problem solved. The ejector popped out where it should be and gun went together. Try it, who knows you might get lucky. Josh
  4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Not sure what you mean by "pins were fired" but if you DID drop the hammer on the firing pins and now have the opening lever centered rather than in the "cocked position" (well to the right), then DO cock that lever and it should lock in open position, then mount the barrel assembly, and forearm and you're good to go. If I don't understand where you are exactly, then have another sip of zinfandel and we'll try something else.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd
  5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Nashville Tn
    If your firearm is uncocked, you will need to open the top lever all the way to the right. If the barrel goes into the reciver but will not close, check the cocking lever lifter. Pic is above.

Sometimes, grease or crud will accumulate in this lifter and prevent it from indexing all the way forward. This part MUST be completely to the front of its travel before you can close the action. Push it with a finger.

If you have tried to force it closed, the lifter may be bent. If you must use force to put the lifter to its proper position, go ahead and assemble the arm.

It should go together. If the lifter is bent, it must be straightened or replaced. If it is merely sluggish and will not index under its own power, use a degreaser and see if you can free it up.

Remember to re oil the assembly after degreasing.
  6. certifiable

certifiable TS Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Referance "Shooting Coach's" photo. Had the same problem once with my Citori. Problem was, a stray bb got under that moving part he's pointing to and prevented the part from its full travel. Can't remember exactly how I did it, but there is a retaining pin that can be driven out (easy to do - not press fitted) and that part will just slide out. However, that part is also spring loaded with an extremely small spring and is he** to find on the floor if it gets away from you, believe me I know. Remove debris, clean, lube, reassemble, problem solved.
  7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Lakeside, California
    I've had that problem on my Citori XT Trap before.

Make sure that the safety is on. If you can see the "S" on the selector, then the gun is ready to re-assembled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori cant assemble

browning citori cocking problems
citori xt will not lock closed
reassemble citori browning xt