1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP need legal about condos

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slic lee, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

New board of directors,fired mgr replaced with a friend, took over the board and building. Its easy to steal,govt in Florida has set up various task force units in some of the police stations,but no teeth, no power. There is also a board of Condominiums,paid for by all the condos chipping in monthly from the state, they are supposed to help. their answer seems to always be get a lawyer.
    We got back here July 8 after 2 months, no air cond. One day, two days, I went to office, new mgr, sorry must make appointment says the new 2 girls, fine make it, how about oct 15. I gave a yell Im sure he heard, they said well call the police ,I grabbed their phone dialed 911,pressed gave her the phone. He came out said the ac problem is on the computer, I read it, its BS,it said the chillers both suffered catastrophic failure and it is covered by insurance and its expensive and I dont want to spend money when not necessary, I have portable units coming, how much for that, I think you should let me see what the repair company wrote about whats wrong and how to fix and the price he wont give me anything. He said how do you know about this, I built the entire room all new, with the boiler,chillers, pipes, valves, digital thermostats and everything in the room. His smile stopped he walked out, I got the name of the company he says is going to do repair, I called the head guy,told him the story,he said its not a new story,never heard of that condo. He asked me,how much is the electric daily, June thru Oct is roughly 800 to 1600 per day.
    Anyone have any ideas, called 3 lawyers, the gun barrels came right thru the phone, one 5k in advance when signing him up to 10K in advance

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try reading the contract

But see a local attorney- case law varies so much that you arent going to get answers on here

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Put your condo fees in an escrow account in your name and the name of the association. Send them a letter informing them of your actions. Tell them you will release the funds when the A/C is repaired. Bulge.

4. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Call a couple of other property management companies and see if you can get a sympathetic ear. If they are looking for future business, they should be helpful in steering you in the right direction.

David Swerdlin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.