1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP Need Browning Rebuild

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldshooter, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

Maybe I can get some help. My Browning Citori GTI has been shot to death. Last night on doubles it flew open 12 times out of 50 shots. I had new springs put in about 200-300 rounds (shots) ago. That did not help, I know the gun needs rebuilt. I live in the GREAT??? state of Illinois and would like to find someone to work on it who is close enough to hand deliver it to. Helps with the FFL- shipping- B.S.- thing. I have talked to Browning and they say they need it for 6 months to a year and they don't know how much $$ til they do the work. If anyone can tell me the name of a GOOD Browning repair man, close to me.(100 to 200 miles) I would appreciate it. Thanks, 1oldshooter--Jerry Cover

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Well, if you can wait about a month, they'll be plenty of people who can do it at the Grand. If not, there will be people who can do it at Iowa State, but that's probably a bit farther away (distance-wise.)

3. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Not sure if this is within driving distance for you, but he's one of the best.

4. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Art's would be my first choice but Midwest Gun Works in Peveley, Missouri also does good work. Both are in eastern Missouri just south of St. Louis.

DoubleAuto

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

For price and service pats cannot be beat. http://www.patsgunrepair.com/ Do yourself a favor and send it out for proper service.

GS

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

A.J's Custom Engraving will do a good job for you he is located near Waterloo IL.

Ronbo

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Dougs Gunsmithing owned by Doug Braker is not too far away and he does excellent if not better work. He also is a strong supporter of TS.com

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shot out my Citori Plus. I made inquiries on here but didn't listen and sent it to Browning in March. My letter of reply was an estimate of August sometime, thinking who better to work on it. Price estimate $425.

I phoned them first about taking it to a big shoot and they stated they wouldn't/couldn't do this kind of repair there.

9. wm rike

wm rike Member

Wright's is in Illinois and is an authorized Browning service center. Some years back I left a Superposed with them at the tail end of the Grand (Vandalia) for springs and a rebolt. Got it back about 7-10 later.

10. xtj

xtj Guest

midwest gun works rebuilt my Bt 99 last year 10 day turn around I would use them again. reasonable price also.

11. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

Thanks guys for your help. I talked to Midwest Gun Works today, they said 2 weeks and $195 for rebuild. I think I will take the GTI there. Again THANKS ALOT. 1oldshooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.