1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help!: NEED BEEKEEPER PRONTO

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chango2, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Help..I have a beehive in the backyard that has been there for a long time in a thick wall made from railroad ties. My local exterminator company will do just that, exterminate the bees. I'd rather not do that given the shrinkage of the bee population(s) in general. Does anybody know of a beekeeper in Los Angeles/So-Cal area that can handle this "problem" without killing the bees? I tried once before to find somebody and despite messages left, no beekeeper ever got back to me.

Much appreciated, lotsa good minds on this site, so thanks in advance.

David

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

David, see the web address above. Just type in google "beekeeper los angeles" and there are a lot of them that save the bees

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks Lou, I figure saving the bees is important these days. I also have a hunch that the bees in my yard are really wild; they are aggressive and bit my yard helper a couple of times even when he didn't mess with them at all. Africanized bees? Maybe..or he shouldn't have taken his soft drink into the area.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Are you positive the bee's are not yellow jackets?

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Oh yeah, they are not yellow jackets; been bitten and observed the insect.

Thanks,

David

P.S. Have a be guy on the way as per Cubancigar's suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.