1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help MX 8 fan firing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deadpair, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadpair

deadpair Member

I purchase a precision fit stock for my MX 8 doubles gun and am having trouble with the gun fan firing.The gun did not do this before the new stock and would like to keep the precision fit if at all possible. I have checked the trigger pulls and the are at 3.5 and 4 lbs so they are not terribly light. I have tried adjusting the stock to take all the movement out if it but do not seam to be able to get the stock rigid.I hope some one out there has a solution as I do no care to shoot may rounds with the gun working like this
    Thanks
    Ken

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Sounds like part of the stock is touching the trigger assy.

Jim

3. deadpair

deadpair Member

no the trigger is bottom 1st only

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Your problem is most likely that your grip is not firm enough and the stock is recoiling out of your hand as it compresses and then bumping your finger against the trigger on the return stroke. It's not an uncommon problem. You don't need to tighten the recoil setting, just keep a firmer grip on the stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.