1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help me with itinerary!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by quicky, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicky

quicky Member

I am leaving western Wyoming on July 25th for south-central PA. I want to see Gettysburg in the July 28 - 30th timeframe and need to be in my location to shoot on Thursday afternoon (31st). I will go east on I-80 as far as possible. Thur., Fri., and Saturday I'll be shooting in Strausstown, then heading back to Wyoming on Sunday AM.

Now, any places to shoot within this timeframe on the way to and from? My wife and I will both shoot if possible. We will be driving the whole trip so we can detour but time will still be important. Thanks in advance, Kevin Q. (Quicky).

2. quicky

quicky Member

3. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    Hello Kevin Q.

Get a BIG bottle of NO-Doze. As the trip accross Nebraska & Iowa is LOOONG!

Kevin @ 402-463-3415
    Hasting, NE

4. quicky

quicky Member

surely there is someplace to shoot along the way?

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

When I lived in Western Michigan almost 25 years ago I made the trip from there to Portland OR twice a year, at the end of summer and again during the Christmas holiday. Those were the days of the 55 mph speed limit, and it usually took us three days (Portland to the SW corner of Michigan). From SW Michigan to Washington DC took us one day, so figure three days from Western Wyoming to South Central PA. Headed east we would typically go Portland to Brigham City UT the first day, from there to central Nebraska the second, and home the third. The route was I-84/I-80/I-94. Unless my memory is failing me badly, it was just over 400 miles across Wyoming, just over 450 across Nebraska, and just over 300 across Iowa, all on I-80. I'd just continue I-80 across IL and IN, then head towards Philadelphia/DC to get where you want to go.

6. quicky

quicky Member

The part I need to know is whether there are any shoots along the way. Big 50's some night somewhere or a club shooting on a weeknight in PA near Gettysburg. Would like to do something other than drive all the time. Thanks Pocatello, OBTW, I have been looking for a way to presquad for the western zone in pocatello but nothing comes up on presquad. Any ideas? Thanks KQ

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

if you can rearrange your leaving time.the iowa state shoot is july 22 thru the 27th in cedar falls iowa. cedar falls is 60-80 miles north of I-80. this is a very good shoot. dwain

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Quicky, we have not been doing presquadding - it usually has not been a problem getting on a squad. Getting a camping spot with hookups does require reservations. You can call the Club Sunday afternoons or Wednesday 5-8 PM to talk to someone, (208) 234-4161.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.