1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help me out.......I'm confused!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Few= 3, Several is anything from 4 to seven (hence "several"). Anything after seven is normally referred to as a "bunch", but anything over 20 is a "Boatload".

I hope this helped.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Great definition tron! I'm trying to whipe the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard:)

ss

3. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

"Few" simply describes a small, indeterminate number of things.

"Several" is actually derived from the Latin word "<I>separ</i>" meaning "separate" or "apart". It has morphed into being a description of more than two but less than many. The term "several States" originally described the States as being separate from one another: "separate" or "individual" States; later it was taken to describe the number of States rather than their association to each other.

That means that, if one does not know the exact number being described, a very small number is "a few", more than a few are "several" and more than several are "many".

And you thought weather forecasters had easy jobs...

Carol Lister

4. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

But , how many is a sh-tpot full ??

5. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

When at Chosin Reservior in Korea, Chesty Puller called a recon team manned by our South Korean allies to find out how many Chinese troops he was facing. The Korean on the radio said, "Many, many Chinese!"

Chesty radioed back, "How many?"

"Many, many Chinese," came the reply!

Frustrated, Chesty asked for the American liaison to be put on the radio. When the young Marine reported on the radio, Chesty asked how many Chinese they were facing.

The young Marine replied, "Sir, there's a whole "edited" full of them!"

Chesty answered, "Well why the hell didn't he just say so?"

6. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

The truth is that Chesty was known to think little of those who swore, so that story is almost certainly not true, but it's been floating around for many years and I enjoy repeating it even though I know it to be a wives tale. :)

7. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

What are ITEMS In stores around here they have signs at check-outs 7 items or less. What is an item? If I go up with a bunch of bananas (8) all on one stem thats one item, if the bananas are lose and 8 thats eight items. If I get 8 cans of soup all the same kind thats 8 items but to me it seams as though it should be only one, soup. When you say you have to pick up an item at the store and you bought 4, 12 packs of beer is that not one item? Beer.

8. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

So, I only shot a few rounds of trap last Sunday, because I didn't have enough ammo to shoot several?

9. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Steve W,

This is off point, but one of my first guns that I bought on the net years ago said less than 300 rounds trap shot though it, but I didn't see trap. Is that several more shots than 300 or just a few.lol

thanks
    lee

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

How many is a boatload? Wayne

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Before I get my goose cooked, or buy the Christmas goose, I would like to know how many is in a gaggle of geese?

12. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

What's the definition for $h_tload? Kim

13. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Birddog,

I don't understand the point, it sounds like he only shot it one weekend!!

Brownk80 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.