1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help me identify this mark...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MX/MT, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

Does anyone recognize this mark? It's on the barrel flats of my Perazzi. Possibly the mark of a gunsmith that did some work on the barrels? I'm not aware that it had any barrel work done, but I haven't checked the bore dimensions either. I don't recognize "L.S." as a barrel guy, do you?

mxmt_2008_03035.jpg

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That might be one of Dr.LongShot's 150% high shooting barrels. LOL

L=Long S=Shot

3. munoz

munoz TS Member

L.S. stands for Lucio Sosta (Perazzi USA master gunsmith)

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Initials are usually "LS" not L.S. L.S. would seem to be some type of abbreviation for a style or version.

Eric

5. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

Just curious why his initials would be on there munoz? I've owned numerous Perazzis in the past and have never seen such a mark (or any other initials/letters) in that location.

I have seen "CC Seitz" or "Wilkenson" but not this particular mark. Maybe it's just the initials of the previous owner?

If it helps at all these are barrels off of an MX3 Special. 31.5", 1.600Kg. Vaporizes targets like factory "tight and tighter" chokes. The gun is like new and doesn't appear to have been touched. I'll have the bores mic'ed to see if any work has been done.

6. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

Thanks Jim.

Guess I've never owned a "Lucio Especiale" before!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.