1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP me ID this pistol

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

A friend asked me to help him ID this pistol. He says his grandfather got it during WW 1. It appears to be 32 caliber from the bore size.
    No manufacturer markings anywhere. I haven't checked Fjestad's yet, but thought I'd ask here.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Sorry - had to repost with larger pix.
    Gene

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I had a Sauer 6.35 1913 model pistol from a relative. Looked very much like this one. Only thing I remember is it had a man at the hammer?. looked to have a walking stick. I was young. I sold it to my dad for 250.00 It was sold by my father some years later, I dont remember him getting a lot for it. It had a crack on the slide or something. If I remeber right its a browning design.

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

the 6.25 is a 25 cal 7.65 is 32 cal

5. wylekiot

wylekiot TS Member

MX-8B is right on with his ID. I find several marked Model 1913 but they are marked Premire, Rival, Liberty, and Retolaza. Did not see any marked Orginal Model. All were made by a Spanish Co. called Eilbar. Yours is .25 ACP, grips probaly not orginal, may be homemade. Would not think it has much collector value. Thanks, Ken

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looks like a .25cal copy of a Browning; had one many many moons ago but it was made in what was then Czechoslovakia.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Heck, who needs Fjestad's anyway? There's more than enough knowledge here to ID this thing. I field stripped it - the barrel turns 1/4 turn and then drops out the front - and then soaked it in Dunk-It. Got some of the gunk off but the pitting remains. Trigger pull is verrrrrrry strong - 12 lbs may be correct. The magazine does not go in and out smoothly at all. I don't know that I'd fire this thing. And I guess the markings put it at 6.35 which I guess is close to 25 caliber, eh?

It came with a fitted leather holster that's nicely made. Once I get it as clean as I can, I'll lightly lube it and give it back to my friend. He's not really a shooter, so I'm sure it's more a family memory than anything else.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.