1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***** HELP ME DECIDE *****

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gary Waalkes, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

If you actually getting ready to spend a bunch of money, it is my opinion that you should already know what you are going to purchase rather than get involved in a popularity contest. I know about the XT, but have never fired or even handled the other two. I can tell you that Berettas (I owned a nice 682 gold) have too much wood for me and the factory puts way too much pitch on for me. I don't know anything about the Cynergy. But again, this is just me - I would not buy or reject a gun based on someone else's personal thoughts. Browning and Beretta are both honorable companies with good products and you will not do wrong with either of them

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I like the looks of the cynergy, With out shooting all three.....I pick the cynergy. I think right now resale of the cynergy would be slow.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Hey joel has some nice wood on some of those combos 32/34 #s 579 563 539 570 also theres a slick looking DT 10 on his web site. I would get adj comb.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

beretta 32/34 4200.00 w adj comb Joel's

XT combo 3795.00/3999.00 guns unlimited

Cynergy combo 3999.99 able ammo

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The Browning Cynergy started as a Sporting Clays gun and only recently became available as a Trap Gun.

6. stratos

stratos TS Member

If this helps I recently bought a XT undersingle trap combo from guns unlimited in Omaha and am extremely satisfied with it because of the adjustable rib and comb on the gun don't believe you can go wrong

AL

7. Frye

Frye TS Member

My first post here on this site..I've been lurking for a while though. Soaking up the expert advice offered by all the shooters on this site. I can't resist this one. I just shot my new XT that I purchased from Guns Unlimited. I ran 25 straight, untouched out of the box with it. I didn't have the money for a combo but would have gone for the top single. I looked for about 6 months before purchasing. Guns Unlimited was great to work with. Called them up, told them what I was looking for and what my budget was and my new XT arrived Friday afternoon to my FFL. I love it!!! handles great, swings great and fits me like a glove.

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The berreta's wear points are all easily fixed as the parts are available oversize. No gun is going to fit you out of the box ,so go adjustable comb. Jeff

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Which ever of the three that you decide on, don't get the factory adjustable comb( Unless it's one of Joel's that has the good hardware). Browning's factory harware and Beretta's memory system both suck! Buy a M/C stock gun and have a reputable 'smith install an adjustable comb after the fact. You'll get much better hardware. The other plus, is that it is usually cheaper anyway.

If it were my choice, I'd buy the 687 from Joel with the nice upgraded wood!

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.