1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help!...looking for a .410

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trappy12, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well I've always been interested in the challenge of the .410 shotguns, and so I've decided that I want one just to fool around with. I know I want a SxS, that's set, I'm not going to get anything else. I want a REALLY cheap one, I don't care about the quality as long as it shoots, as I said before it's just for kicks and giggles. So I need some sudgestions on SxS .410's under $300.
    Thanks,
    -Trappy

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Rots a ruck on that one!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

3. tlea

tlea TS Member

Stoeger Uplander. Dicks can get them. You won't quite make the 'under $300' tho. Just a little more. Have the O/U in .410. Lots of trigger slop, but when it's just for fun.....

4. silverBB

silverBB TS Member

Trappy.............You might try to look around for a used Rossi SxS .410. I have one that I bought some time ago and it is pure farts aand giggles to shoot. Unfortunately Rossi no longer makes this model but a search might turn one up and serve you well. Mike

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Gander Mountain in Green Bay recently bought a large collection of .410's, and a lot of them were SxS's. Some of them were inexpensive looking.

I think there were about 20 of them, and quite a few are left.

HM

6. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

What about these turkish made guns. Like yildiz or something like that. Also...what the heck I'll go up to $400.

Tron, I don't really even plan on using this at regulation trap fields. Just really shooting clays up close off the bluff at my island house because a 12gauge would be too boring for me. Also I'm on a budget because I've got to come up with $2800 to go to Europe through school next year, so that's why I don't want to go expensive at all.
    -Trappy

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

pat, I already have a great gun (BT-99) don't need 1100 or 870. But I understand it's junk. I'm buying a junk beater gun on purpose. I'm just asking what a "good" junk gun is...that's gonna spin a few heads.

So what about that stoeger, tron? Am I allowed to get that? And wouldn't shooting a turkey with a turkish gun taste all the more turkeyish?
    -Trappy

8. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

...They have turkeys in Turkey? :-0

And doesn't this look like a nice gun?!?!
    http://www.yildizshotgun.com/sidebyside/eleganta4s.htm
    -Trappy

9. JRD

JRD TS Member

I agree with the others. Save some money and buy a well made 410, not a piece of junk. Remington 870 or 1100 would be good. Winchester Model 42 would be my first choice, but its quite a bit higher than your $400. You can get a 870 for that though.

10. JRD

JRD TS Member

I agree with the others. Save some money and buy a well made 410, not a piece of junk. Remington 870 or 1100 would be good. Winchester Model 42 would be my first choice, but its quite a bit higher than your $400. You can get a 870 for that though.

11. JRD

JRD TS Member

12. Houston6

Houston6 TS Member

Trappy12
    I have a Charles Daly 410 O/U
    in new condition I will sell for $400

13. JRD

JRD TS Member

14. barnbarron

barnbarron TS Member

I have the spr 310 and it can be ordered through Wal Mart in some places. It shoots fine and some shooters are buying them to keep in the trunk for when they want to pull in somewhere and shoot a little for fun. Its half down and the rest on lay-a-way.. easy to do. It has extractors or ejector adjustments--switch to upper barrel if ya want--26 in barrels.

15. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

houston...do you have pictures?...I don't exactly have money or anything now but pictures would be nice if you have them handy
    -Trappy

16. pbl

pbl TS Member

hey trappy. up here in canada 28 ga. and .410 's are selling for stupid prices. i've got a .410 in single shot cooey 840. killed a few ducks(had a 12 ga. 1100 ina case with me) rabbits and grouse. if you can find one a browning auto 5 or a rem.1100 would be even more fun to shoot. savage-springfield used to make a .410 in a model 67 pump. if you can find one it's even cheaper,maybe. as some body said earlier "rots a ruck with that one" pbl

17. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Apparently, the people on this forum have decided not to allow you to buy a cheap 410 S&S. You might have to go to a different forum.

18. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Just a thought,(not trying to be off-topic or anything) but have you considered an inexpensive side by side? That may be just the ticket, but I don't know if you just want a gun to fool around with. Maybe you want a junk beater gun, I don't know. A good place to start looking may be Gunsamerica. Good luck, Rodbuster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.