1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help...K32 Doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RSVP410, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

I have a K32 with original trigger that recently started to double. It does this almost every time now. I have heard that this might be a common problem.
    Does anyone know about the cause and if it would it a "do it yourself" repair? Can anyone recommend a good Krieghoff gunsmith in the SE Michigan area?

Thanks,
    Scott

2. jbshep

jbshep Member

If you mean it "fan-fires" it is a common problem. D
    "Doubling" is rare. The former is when the second barrel fires as a result of the recoil of the first; the latter is when both fire at the same time. Fan firing is usually the result of a problem with the inertia block and can be fixed by any Krieghoff gunsmith. Mike Young is good. - Brad

3. mdk3280

mdk3280 TS Member

Agreed, sounds like an inertia block issue - perhaps a bad spring on the inertia block - or a mis-alignment of the block itself. Probably 30 minutes to fix including removal of the stock...

[​IMG]

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Fan-firing is not slang. Fan-firing is the result of pulling the trigger twice. The second shot occurs from the gun recoiling back from the shoulder and bumping into the trigger finger. Doing a search on youtube.com, and you can find a lot of videos of people fan-firing handguns. You would think they were shooting fully automatic weapons.

Doubling is the result of the gun firing twice with one pull of the trigger.

You may have a broken axle spring. This will allow part# 783 to rest between both of the sears. Then, while pulling the trigger, both sears get pushed. It also could be a bad sear and hammer engagement.

Doug

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Mine has doubled a couple of times and it's been from having the barrel selector roughly in the middle; between over or under position. I have a tendancy to bump the selector when assembling, breaking down, or just packing the gun around. Try moving the selector back and forth a couple of times and firmly setting it on your preferred O or U barrel first setting firmly and give it a try even without shells first.....Bob Dodd

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thats correct about the barrel selector- make sure it is to one side

Now also be careful- I would not do any gunsmithing on this myself- send it to a Krieghoff repair facility

The one I use is in Wells Mn- Pats gunrepair or ottsville

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

take the stock off and clean it good first, dirty sears will do this. These guns do not like trigger pull lower than 3, 3.5 lbs. Trying to get to 2# is just asking for trouble.

8. three dram

three dram TS Member

Kerry Allor is a Krieghoff gunsmith right in St clair Michigan

9. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

Thanks for all of the input on this problem. I'm sure this is a doubling problem as it occurs with a firm mount and hard single trigger pull. The interals had been cleaned not too long ago so, it must be something more serious. I think I'll give Mr. Allor a call.

Thanks again,
    Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

causes krieghoff trigger not setting for second shot

k32 krieghoff repair

k32 opens on second shot

krieghoff repair facilitys