1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help - is there a flea collar that does not stink?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dr.beav, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Help me out - I have tried three different brands of flea collars on our dog and they all stink like "wet dog" - really bad ---- is there a brand that does not stink?? the beav

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Use Frontline. Watch out for competing products.

Neil

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Yea, Frontline. Why use old technology like a flea collar when Frontline or Frontline plus (ticks) kills them so completely that it destroys the lifecycle in their local area. I used Frontline until the fleas were gone and haven't used it again or seen a flea in years.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I use frontlline plus and it just doesn't work for my dog. My vet recommended advantix as he said frontline just doesn't work for some dogs and Advantix was the next best. I still have a six month supply of the Frontline I will use before switching and have my yard sprayed again in hopes that it will get rid of the problem. We have had much more rain than usual and Vet says that is why we are having a flea problem in our area. Jackie B.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Sounds foolish, but a few years ago someone suggested bathing the dog in Head & Shoulders extra dry shampoo. Fleas were never a problem but we have a lot of ticks locally. Using the Head & Shoulders shampoo has worked for me or I should say him. I stopped using Frontline etc; some years ago. Alder, my Brittany, had a severe hair loss issue quite a few years ago. I stopped the Frontline and any similar products and the hair problem went away. Ticks and fleas are not a problem for him anymore. Good luck, Bob

6. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

There has to something out there that isn't bad to smell. I just read the other day where our boys in part of Afganistan were battleing the fleas so bad they had gone to wearing flea collars to keep the pests off themselves. Don't know if it's true but can't think they would wear something they couldn't stand to smell. Dan

7. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I always added some'Brewers Yeast" to the dog's diet .Fleas will no loger be a problem. This can be purchased at any health food store.This WILL work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.