1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ Help is Needed Please Read the Message @@

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

All Shooters we have a special request:

In my past newsletters I often speak about an instructor by the name of Mr. Red Hill. Red has been a very dear friend to me and I credit him with teaching me more about shooting than anyone I have ever known. It is because of Red that I am teaching today.
    When I met Red in 1999 I made him a promise. I offered to pay Red for the lesson he gave me. Red told me” Dennis if you promise to teach people to shoot your check will never be cashed” …”We have enough All American’s we need people like you to teach our next generation”. I am fulfilling that promise to make him proud and continue his legacy in helping others enjoy the shooting sports.
    Red is one of the all time greats. He is a World Skeet Shooting Champion. He has several 100x100 with a 410. Red is an All-American Skeet Champion and is a Michigan Skeet Shooting Hall of Fame Inductee. Red has devoted a life time teaching the game of shot-gunning to many shooters, Skeet, trap and sporting clays.
    Red is a tough guy. He was a Marine during the Korean War and he was one of the fortunate ones to return home safely.
    Today Red needs you’re help. Red has medical problems and has fallen on hard financial times. Red is 76 years young and needs our support. There is a bank trust account set up in Red’s name for any donations that you can give. Our goal is to help Red keep his home in Florida and have a little money to pay bills.
    Please send a check to: Red Hill Fund 3500 12th Street NW, Canton, Ohio 44708.
    Dean and I are doing a shooting clinic in Florida in December. I want to take him a check and personally deliver it to him. Anything that you can give would be greatly appreciated. I will make up a list of all the names of the people that send in donations so that Red will know who you are. After I talked with Red today he wished everyone well.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Thank you,
    Dennis R. DeVault

2. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am in for a brother jarhead....

Eric Olson

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Dennis...since you are a vendor, can you take a credit card donation? that would be so much easier for me. Let me know.

4. Dennis DeVault

I will answer everyone at one time, Yes I will take a credit card if you call it in, This is the Red Hill that taught at the Port of the Islands Club, and last no he does not receive full vereran's benefits he served 14 years and he told me he gets next to nothing to survive each month. Red was very reluctant to talk much about this and our phone call was a very emotional one at best. I just felt compelled to do this. Next week I will be receiving three of Red's guns that he has asked me to sell for him. I will post photos when they arrive and all the money from the sale will go to Red. The shooting sports has helped me in many ways and this is a way of giving back. Thank you so much,

Dennis DeVault

5. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Dennis,

Since we have a little time before your Florida clinic, how about I find a nice chunk of Myrtlewood in the racks (or two) and we auction it here for Red's benefit. I will contribute the wood and the shipping and direct the winner(s) to send payment to you for distribution to Red.

Let me know what you think.

Mike Mann

6. Dennis DeVault

Hi Mike,

That would be a very generous offer and I know that Red would be thrilled. Let me know if you need me to do anything on my end. Thank you again.

Dennis DeVault

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

8. eric

9. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

10. Dennis DeVault

I spoke with Red yesterday and he sems in good spirits dispite the problems. We talked for about 15 minutes and told him I would ckech in nest week. Thank you to all that have looked at this I told Rerd that help was on the way.

Dennis Devault

11. Dennis DeVault

As of today we have collected $ 200.00 for this fund. It is not nearly enough but I will keep trying to raise funds for Red. Thank you too all the have sent in there donations it is very much appreciated. I hope to have three of Reds guns on here tomorrow that were sent to me today to sell. Thank you,

Dennis Devault

12. eric

ttt

13. Dennis DeVault

We received a few more donations this weekend and we have set over a
    $ 1,000.00 aside for Red's fund. Thank you to all that have donated I appreciate the help.

Dennis DeVault

14. puddin

puddin TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.